Sr Business Systems Analyst - My TELUS
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst for the My TELUS Home Solutions (HS) team you will drive the success of our authenticated digital experiences and manage the end-to-end intricacies to deliver successful products. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and to enable self-serve capabilities that will reduce customer effort for managing their products. You will work with multiple autonomous delivery squads with dedicated Product Owners, Designers, Developers, and QAs. Collectively, you and the team will own the E2E customer journey across My TELUS web experiences. In this role, you will:
- Detail and maintain all requirements received from product owners, the development team and supporting teams.
- Evaluate information captured from various sources, reconcile conflicts of information, break down high-level information into details, and clarify details for the team to understand how to define an efficient solution for TELUS Customers.
- Support the delivery team by facilitating the team’s delivery process, helping to balance work in progress limits and deliver improvements for efficiency.
- Help champion and build positive relationships with collaborators to effectively prioritize and execute business initiatives for TELUS.com.
- Work with stakeholders to define customer experiences that balance both customer and business needs.
- Balance and help prioritize a backlog of user driven stories - reflecting both customer value and effort to deliver. Adjust backlogs to reflect accurate scope, effort and priority information as it becomes available from business partners
- Analyze business requirements from stakeholders and assist in creating/updating user stories.
- Work cross-functionally to create flow diagrams for user flows, system flows, and processes to help identify risks, dependencies, and requirements
- Contribute to roadmapping yearly deliverables with the Product Owner
- Seek opportunities for improvement (customer effort reduction, process improvement, cost reduction) and investigate possible solutions.
- Work alongside Product Owner to identify accurate KPIs and measurement strategy for the team and then collaborates with analytics team to have them implement it
- Help Product Owner with story mapping and investigation of all business requirements
- Research and document existing (as-is) business rules
- Assist Product Owner with determining the impact of changes to supporting systems and across teams to deliver on go to market activities.
- Support delivery of initiatives and intended business benefits with structured problem solving, gap analysis, and cost benefit analysis type activities.
- Be the point person for developers
- Participate in cross functional user story mapping and document all business requirements. Assisting with creating/updating user stories. Gathering requirements for work that impacts my squad or changes my squad is making that could impact other teams
- Work cross-functionally to create flow diagrams for user flows, system flows and processes to help us identify risks, dependencies and requirements
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Ability to work closely with partners and TELUS Digital team members to assist in clarifying business processes and systems requirements.
- Strong technical background with the ability to dissect technical documentation, dive into source code, and work alongside developers to investigate technical issues
- Understanding of backend development to make educated and data driven decisions on the evolution of the applications for the consumers
- Ability to recognize and raise process and systems issues that prevent delivery of value to our customers.
- Ability to support tools and processes for our development team.
- Collaborate closely with team members in an agile and lean start-up environment
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate requirements and business processes to be easily maintained and understood by different domain experts.
- Ability to detail business flows and processes using flowcharting tools in a way that is easily understood by different domain authorities.
- Assisting in solving technical issues, performing root cause analysis, and resolving data integrity problems
- Experience in product development and delivery for authenticated applications
- Experience with evaluating Go-To-Market (GTM) initiatives against an existing product backlog
- Certified ScrumMaster certification
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Mobile and remote working options with flexible working hours
- Focus on Health & Well-being
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.