UX Researcher - Platform Enablement
Create awesome experiences for our customers
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, accessibility consultants, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced UX researcher to join our Digital team. This role will be at the forefront of uncovering customer insights and patterns to help shape digital product and experience design, and will support sales and service teams across TELUS Digital and beyond.
Supporting the research practice, you will:
- Work with product teams to facilitate user research
- Work with leadership to help facilitate the development of strategies to help us mature, scale, and create the conditions for the best user experiences to reach our business objectives.
We’re looking for someone who is curious about people and human behaviours, someone who can actively listen, ask thoughtful questions to proactively seek out valuable insights, and connect these insights to data that can help teams be better informed in their design decisions.
- Work with the UXR lead to champion the development and execution of the research strategy, playing a key role in defining the vision and goals of the research practice, as well as resourcing needs
- Collaborate with Product Owners to inform and shape product roadmaps, advocating for user needs
- Provide best in class research practice across TELUS Digital and ensure the quality of research achieves project goals by working closely with cross functional teams in identifying the best research method based on project requirements, timelines, and resources
- Mature the research practice by educating team members on user research best practices and keep them informed on evolving methodologies
You're the missing piece of the puzzle if you have
- 3+ years relevant work experience, including integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Hands-on experience with and a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods from a variety of disciplines including when and how to apply them at each product phase
- The curiosity to seek out relevant information and ability to ask the right questions to obtain information, understand, and learn from user research sessions
- The ability to move fast and adapt quickly to change, manage ambiguity, and work autonomously in an agile environment – you’ll have to be comfortable prioritizing simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams and projects
- Good communication and public speaking skills to share out knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research to leadership and teams
- Possess the organizational and technical skills to run a usability research lab - conduct and broadcast testing sessions nationally
- E-commerce, branding, design and information architecture experience is a plus
- Experience setting up a research mentorship program
- Team leadership experience with the ability to mentor newer practitioners
- A strong knowledge base in UX Design
About TELUS Digital
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.