Vendor Engagement Manager
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Our digital team is looking for an experienced vendor engagement manager. On the job, you get to combine relationship and vendor management best practices, global trends, local trends, and business needs to evolve our plans and shape an evolved digital landscape. This role is also an exceptional opportunity to stretch yourself, continue to build new skills, and accelerate your career.
The Vendor Engagement Manager has accountability for developing sourcing strategies and the strategic procurement of software licenses and SaaS, staffing and consulting services, and agency partnerships. In addition, you will be responsible for managing supplier relationships, including driving value for money and ongoing supplier performance, as well as coordinating efforts between internal stakeholders and the supplier account teams to meet procurement objectives.
- Using market knowledge to develop and deploy world-class approaches to spend management while utilizing procurement tools, processes, and effective negotiation to deliver cost reduction
- Conduct and lead negotiations in partnership with the procurement team - bring the digital perspective on key terms and conditions and define appropriate negotiation strategies to achieve them
- Drafting, administering and managing commercial contracts associated with hardware, software and SaaS suppliers
- Be accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money; execute sourcing strategies; spend category intelligence and analytics; contract negotiation, drafting and administration; and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Support various strategic efforts across the digital team - be willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done for us to be successful
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce, MBA, LLB, Engineering, or Supply Chain management preferred (equivalencies in experience considered)
- Ability to engage effectively with different levels of management in TELUS and Vendor organizations to lead the management of TELUS' relationships with key strategic level vendors
- Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
- Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
- Rooted knowledge and experience relating to IT software and professional services
- Good understanding of strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to the procurement of IT products and services.
- Strong Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in at least one of the following areas: Software licensing agreements, Hosted Services or SaaS agreements or Consulting agreements
- Knowledge of financial principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Competency with Microsoft Office or Google G Suite, e-contract management, and e-Sourcing tools
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools