Manager, Developer Experience Team
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As Manager of the Developer Experience (DX) team, you will act as a people leader for the Developer platform team within TELUS Digital. You will be responsible for leading and coaching a team of subject matter experts focused on enabling practitioners within their domain to do their best work through activities such as developing, upholding and evolving practice standards and guidelines.
As the leader of the Developer Experience team, you will support and guide our platform team: you will prioritize initiatives and support the professional development of the team. This team builds our developer platform; our API gateways tools, and focuses relentlessly on improving the path to production at TELUS.
You’ll report directly into the Director of Platform Technology Tools and work closely with peers across the organization to build a first-class Developer Platform for TELUS Digital and beyond.
This is a full-time permanent position.
What you will do
Lead delivery of the Developer Experience Team Outcomes
- Work closely with the Principal Architect, DX Architect and your team to turn ideas into products
- Define mandate, goals, priorities, and measures of success for the DX team, aligning activities to the overarching TELUS Digital outcomes
- Keep an eye on the future and balance experimentation with iterative improvements to our developer platform
- Provide escalated subject-matter expertise on special projects
- Lead with a clear understanding of the importance of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging in all aspects of work
Grow, develop and nurture our people
- Ensure team members have access to the tools, knowledge, and resources to do their jobs effectively and easily
- Communicate “what good looks like” for performance management and metrics
- Support and coach the DX team in their professional development, career pathing, and learning interests
- Partner with the People Experience team to help hire diverse talent and ensure new hires are provided with a positive onboarding experience
Lead collaboration and communication between the DX and other teams
- Regularly and effectively communicate progress on the 12-month roadmap delivery for the DX Team
- Lead regular interlock meetings with other managers, Product Owners and Digital development leads to ensure feedback loop on the business value of the work delivered by the DX Team
- Ensure collaboration and visibility into other teams roadmaps across Digital and broader TELUS
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
Developer Experience Subject Matter Expertise: The ability to provide knowledge, expertise, and guidance on developer platform tooling, providing coaching and advice to support the team
People Management and Team Building: Extensive experience and demonstrated success as a technical leader, with a proven track record of growing and developing practitioners
Delivery Management: Proven success acting as a lead or manager for the agile delivery of software or platform products, coordinating with other streams and stakeholders
Leadership & Interpersonal Skills: The ability to champion, coach, motivate, and empathize with team members while partnering and building relationships with TELUS leadership
Budget Management & Prioritization: Ability to effectively manage and operate team budgets and prioritize work effectively and efficiently across the team
Strategic Thinking & Change Management: Ability to connect the dots between the team and broader organizational context and manage change effectively within the team
Experience working in a digital engineering manager role within a digital agency or consulting firm with demonstrated leadership performance, career progression and understanding of software development
Desire to incorporate Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging in all aspects of the work of people leadership
Understanding of TELUS’ digital capabilities and its key opportunities, challenges, and benefits
Experience with performance measurement of people and developing measurement mechanisms
Experience using a range of Agile project/task management software and tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and experience leveraging them to support digital acceleration and change initiatives within a business
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here. The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.