Senior Designer - My TELUS
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Bringing your passion and experience in all things UX, you’ll be an integral part of a dedicated team in solving business challenges and championing customer centric experiences. You’ll be working collaboratively across teams of passionate individuals who are on a mission to empower our customers in managing their TELUS services easily. We’re looking for a UX expert who loves creating delightful digital experiences and is excited by the challenge of the ever changing digital landscape.
- Creating world class digital experiences through:
- Applying user-centered design processes and industry best practices.
- Delivering pixel perfect visual designs based on UX wireframes and specs.
- Engaging design systems to create experiences that are brand-consistent across all platforms.
- Keeping up with the latest trends, methodologies and tools in native app design.
- Leveraging your skills in interpretation of usability testing, user research, and analytics to uncover insights and identify gaps.
- Contributing to and expertly deploying IA structures, pattern libraries and style guides to ensure consistency and quality across experiences.
- Actively problem solving by:
- Breaking design problems down into viable actionable chunks and solving them with clarity and precision.
- Engaging in the lean development life-cycle from discovery to testing, release and maintenance.
- Working cross-functionally across teams to:
- Craft and lead exploratory design sessions, mapping workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members and partner stakeholders
- Expertly present recommendations to team members on functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of the iterative process.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Mastery and passion for UX
- You have excellent production skills, an eye for detail with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and design system development.
- Known for your strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required.
- Expert knowledge of industry best practices and use of tools
- You have a deep understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design.
- You’re comfortable using Figma, Zeplin, Google Suite… plus whiteboard, pen, paper and stickies!
- Exceptional understanding of mobile devices, native gestures and best practice - what works best for mobile (or doesn’t work) and why.
- Solid understanding of accessibility best practices and an ability to create accessible products.
- Well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- You’re able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- You’re a self -motivated team player who thrives on collaborating with cross functional teams
- You’re an expert with time management and organizational skills and have the flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results.
- Stretches team perspective - faster, broader, deeper insights into issues and potential ramifications
- Ability to use multiple sources of information to identify if a problem is a design problem or related to larger enterprise / business issues
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.