Intermediate UX Designer - Home Solutions
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is seeking an Interaction Designer to deliver world-class experiences to our customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of tactical elements of user-centred design. You demonstrate a developing strength with interaction design fundamentals, including information architecture, screen flows, application design, customer journey mapping, and content design. You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. You will employ best practices in interaction design, accessibility, interpretation of web analytics, and user experience to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
More specifically, you will support the front-end web experiences of our Digital Home Solutions eCommerce platform. Working within a highly collaborative team, you will use your creativity to evolve our customer journeys and shopping experiences up to the next level. Your curiosity and courage to innovate in an agile environment will enable us to implement enhancements and contribute to A/B tests that will drive sales and customer experience optimizations in order to provide the best in class web experiences.
- Work with PO on determining business requirements
- Work with developers on wireframing and prototyping
- Assist in user flows, user story mapping and journey mapping
- Build user testing scenarios and write usability testing scripts
- Crafting, reviewing and looking at the holistic E2E experience
- Prioritize high-level content working with the content strategy lead
- Conduct qualitative interviews with TELUS customers when appropriate
- UX research
- Understand and communicate the ways people with disabilities are meant to experience the design
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Actively engaged in conversations relating to user experience and visual design solutions
- Consistently driving improvements in customer experience
- Ability to identify issues and gaps that are not within defined scope
- Has working knowledge of interaction design fundamentals and heuristics
- Ability to ask and articulate why solutions are designed in specific ways for customers
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to design solutions
- Demonstrates ability to mentor and coach team members
- Full understanding of the design process and design language at TELUS
- Effectively designs for digital medium and applies TELUS Digital’s design principles
- Works easily within TELUS brand parameters
- Promotes best practices to other team members
- Shares takeaways and experiences across the team
- Viewed as a leader and has the ability to coach junior team members
- Develops new insights into issues and examines issues from different angles
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.