Senior Project Manager - Service Design
Join our team
We are a small yet nimble team with dynamic strengths, who share a real passion for bringing fresh customer perspectives to tackle complex business problems. If you're ready to bring cross-functional teams together to deliver true innovation, come join us and be part of a team that's at the forefront of redesigning our customer journeys.
As the Service Design team, we are the center of excellence focused on design thinking at TELUS and as part of the Digital organization we see our work come to life at a rapid pace. We've assisted our internal teams across the company with some amazing outcomes and love pushing for the best customer centric results.
TELUS Digital is a team of highly skilled professionals dedicated to building innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences. We run like a start-up, embracing lean and agile methodologies. We celebrate our failures and see them as opportunities to learn. Our culture fosters collaborative learning and out-of-the-box thinking in a relaxed environment.
To learn more, check out https://telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
Service Design is about placing users at the heart of the entire problem solving process. At the front of product and experience innovation, we work collaboratively with units across consumer, business and enterprise to rapidly understand, solve and prioritize opportunities for market launch. This role will focus on prioritization of features and capabilities across business unit roadmaps, ensuring capital and resources are accurately accounted for to enable a successful, timely implementation. When coordinating business cases, the team member in this role will look to proactively identify opportunities for re-usability across business units to maximize our capital efficiency. Once capital and resourcing has been secured, the project manager will be responsible for overseeing the execution of the cross functional roadmap ensuring that key milestones are delivered on time and within budget.
Further, the team member in this role will clearly identify and mitigate risks, and effectively communicate updates to both working and leadership teams. Crucial to our success is connecting our vision to the product roadmap, supporting the translation of design material into clear business requirements and strong stakeholder management skills to align competing or conflicting business unit interests.
Join our collaborative team and you will play a pivotal role in the transformation of our customer experiences, as well as driving the best way for us to launch new features, capability in the fastest, most efficient and customer friendly way possible.
- Developing strategies and roadmaps to bridge between Service Design and our implementation teams and customer-facing teams that deliver the value of implementation to our customers
- Coordinating business cases and leading the discussion, decisions, and alignment at the Executive level in order to support the collective plan, securing capital and resources for new initiatives or programs
- Working in a fast-paced event, coordinating multiple work-streams or concurrent projects by driving interlock, commitment to timing, and thorough uncovering of interdependencies and risks
- Solving complex problems including identifying competing interests and aligning large cross functional teams across TELUS to the optimal approach to market
- Leading large cross functional teams to ensure roadmap deliverables are achieved on time and within budget, with risks or challenges proactively identified and presented to leadership as needed
- Wearing many hats as strategist, project manager, and creative thinker, you’ll use your ‘can-do’ attitude to roll up your sleeves to get things done across this important program to evolve our business
- Working with internal partners across the service continuum, including Digital, Product & Services, Marketing, Client Experience and beyond
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- 5 to 7 years of project or program management skills, and recognized for your ability to zoom into tactical elements and zoom out to the bigger picture
- 3 to 5 years of experience with executive presentations and communication, with an ability to distill complex and/or ambiguous problems into clear, actionable plans and compelling messages
- Known for your tight-knit teamwork and leadership skills, including leading cross functional teams across technical, customer-facing, business supporting and implementation teams
- Known for your ability to create compelling business cases that secure project resources and capital
- With a natural curiosity, you foster an environment where teams can share ideas, learn from others and dig in to create win-win opportunities for our customers, partners and TELUS
- With an uncanny ability to achieve goals, you have a passion for getting things done on time and within budget and balancing near achievements with longer term success
- Strong ability to balance customer needs with those of the business, also factoring near term achievements with longer term success
- Project Management Training (PMP)
- Agile Training (Scrum), or SAFe training
- Product Management Training (Pragmatic Framework)
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Service Design methodologies (i.e. customer journey maps and service blueprints), user-centered design
A bit about us
We’re a people-first, customer-first, purpose-driven team who works together every day to innovate and do good. We improve lives through our technology solutions and foster a culture of innovation that empowers team members to solve complex problems and create remarkable human outcomes in a digital world. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly.
We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability—your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.