Senior Content Writer, Digital Mobility
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Content Writer for TELUS.com, you’ll play a key role in creating seamless digital experiences for our customers through thoughtful and consistent interface content. Application of plain language comes easy to you. As a natural storyteller and conversation designer, you’ll help drive our content strategy discipline forward with all teams within TELUS.
In your role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our written communications are clear, relevant, and jargon-free – and most importantly, matches the TELUS brand voice and tone. Our writers pair with our managers, product owners, designers and stakeholders to help teams to design great content, along with demonstrating industry expertise so that our content practice scales faster.
You’ll help the team deliver a customer first experience by crafting content that helps customers complete the task at hand.
Along with representing our content interests with other teams within TELUS, you’ll know what it takes to deliver a great omnichannel experience. To help you execute, you’ll lean on our teams in design & user experience, development, testing, analytics, and marketing.
- Write, proofread and edit content for TELUS.com
- Collect and use SEO information and organically weave it into content
- Create content to help our customers achieve a goal or complete a task
- Work with product owners, designers and stakeholders to optimize customer journeys from a content perspective
- Write copy that is thoughtful, consistent and conveys the brand voice while shaping the product experience
- Target different audiences and segments with personalized content
- Use your CMS (content management system) skills to upload copy and images onto our website
- Uses data to help inform good content decisions for our customers
- Contribute to the overall practice culture by sharing learnings and knowledge with peers
- Be an advocate of the content practice by building strong relationships with TELUS team members and communicating our goals
You're the missing piece of the puzzle if...
- You’re a digital content writer with experience working with user experience, strategy & design teams
- You have a body of work that demonstrates a depth of skill of writing digital copy
- You’re someone who can gracefully give and receive feedback
- You have a familiarity with content strategy best practices, user experience and SEO
- You’re hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned with business outcomes
- You’re passionate about modern content practices and methodologies
- You’re well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles
- You’re adept at working in a highly-collaborative, lean, agile environment
- You understand the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of creating online content experiences
- You’re highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills
- You’re able to communicate content strategy rationale and build consensus
- You understand the importance of creating accessible content and how that applies to WCAG 2.0 AA principles
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible hybrid work model with a mix of central downtown location and remote work
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day