What to do if you suspect identity theft?
This article provides TELUS customers who have purchased TELUS Online Security products with information on what to do if they encounter an identity theft event
This feature is applicable to TELUS Online Security Standard, TELUS Online Security Complete or TELUS Online Security Ultimate customers only.
If you experienced an identity theft event or believe that you have become a victim of identity theft and would like to report this incident, please contact a NortonLifeLock Member Service & Support Agent for assistance.
You have 2 options to reach an identity theft specialist:
- Submit a ticket at norton.com/telus, or
- Call 1-844-388-0386 (Canadian toll-free, 24/7 support)
Should you be a victim of identity theft:
- An Identity Restoration Specialist will be dedicated to your case from start to finish, to help restore your identity
- The Identity Theft Reimbursement Coverage is here to help. You will be covered for qualified ID theft related expenses as a result of identity theft, up to the limit of your plan. Lawyers and experts, will be provided up to the limit of your plan, if needed to help resolve your case*
Proactive steps to take
Below are the proactive steps you can take:
- File a police report within 24 hours of the incident
- Contact the issuers of your credit/debit cards to report loss and request replacement cards
- If your Social Insurance Number has been lost, stolen or compromised, you may want to place fraud alerts with both credit bureaus
- To place a fraud alert, please call the toll-free numbers:
- Equifax: 1-899-465-7166
- Transunion: 1-800-663-9980
Tips to replace your stolen information
- Service Canada will not replace your SIN card. You must contact your local Service Canada Office
- Applications for SIN confirmation letter can be found online at the Service Canada official website
- Contact 1-866-255-7655 for passport replacement if you're in Canada. If you are outside Canada, contact the nearest Government of Canada office abroad
No one can prevent all cyber crime or identity theft.
*The Identity Theft Reimbursement Coverage, with a limit of up to $25,000 for Basic Plus, up to $100,000 for Premium and up to $1 Million for Premium Plus, is underwritten and administered by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, an assurant company, under group or blanket policies issued to LifeLock or its respective affiliates for the benefit of its members. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, exclusions of coverage and for the types of experts that may be covered for reimbursement of professional service fees. Experts not specified in the policies will not qualify for reimbursement. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Review the Summary of Benefits under the Insurance Coverage (Canada) here.