This is an agreement between you and TELUS Communications Inc. ("TELUS"). It sets out the terms and conditions (the "Service Terms") that apply to your use of the TELUS Online Security services and associated telecommunications services that TELUS provides, including services provided by third parties (the "Services"). The Services may also include related services, features or functionality provided through mobile applications. TELUS provides third-party service billing, allowing you to pay for the Services as part of a monthly service price. The Service Terms, together with TELUS rules and policies applying to the use of the Services, form the agreement between you and TELUS for the Services (the "Agreement"). NortonLifeLock Inc. is the provider of the Services. Your access to and use of the Services will be governed by NortonLifeLock’s agreement with you, and you will be required to enter into or to agree to separate terms in relation to the services provided by NortonLifeLock.
To view the list of eligible devices, visit Norton.com.
By using the Services you are agreeing to the terms of this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE SERVICE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES. For the purposes of these Service Terms, "you" refers to the person or business whose name appears on the bill.
Amendments to this Agreement
1. TELUS has the right to amend the terms of this Agreement, except for changes to certain Key Contract Terms, including minimum monthly charge, commitment period and cancellation fee (the “Key Contract Terms”), which we will not change without your consent during your commitment period. TELUS may however change the Key Contract Terms during your commitment period without your consent if the change is a reduction of the rate for a single service. If you are not on a commitment period or if your commitment period expired, TELUS reserves the right to make any changes to key terms and will provide you with at least 60 days’ notice before doing so.
TELUS has the right to change terms other than key terms at any time, regardless of whether you are on a commitment period. TELUS will provide you with at least 30 days’ notice for such changes.
TELUS will notify you of amendments to this Agreement by posting notice of the amendment at telus.com/ServiceTerms (the "Service Web Site"), or by sending you notice on your monthly bill or email bill notice that this Agreement has been amended, directing to where the amendment may be consulted.
If you have access to the Internet, it is your responsibility to go to the Service Web Site at least once every month in order to become aware of any amendments posted on the site, and you agree to consult any amendments provided to you in accordance with the directions received on your monthly bill or email bill notice. You are not obliged to continue using the Services after an amendment to this Agreement is made; however, in the event you choose not to accept the changes, your sole remedy is to cancel the Services, effective at the end of your current billing period. Cancellation fees may apply. If the change we make increases your obligation or reduces ours, cancellation fees will not apply. Your continued use of the Services following any amendment shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended Agreement, waiver of any additional notice requirements and agreement to pay for the Services in accordance with the amended Agreement.
2. You represent and warrant that you have reached the age of majority (at least 18 or 19 years of age) in the province or territory in which you reside and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and use the Services in accordance with this Agreement.
3. As the Services account holder, you are responsible for your account and the maintenance of all passwords related to your account. You are solely responsible and liable for any and all activities that occur under your account including, without limitation, all activities of any sub-account holders. You are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and all passwords related to your account. You agree to immediately notify TELUS, by means specified on the Services Web Site, of any unauthorized use of your account or any passwords related to your account or of any other breach of security and to provide assistance to TELUS, as requested, to stop and/or remedy any breach of security.
4. You agree that the TELUS Privacy Commitment, available for inspection at telus.com/privacy as it may be updated from time to time (the "TELUS Privacy Commitment"), shall apply to your use of the Services. You hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure by TELUS and its agents of your personal information collected in connection with provision and/or use of the Services, for the purposes identified in the TELUS Privacy Commitment and acknowledge that those purposes include the exchange of your account and usage information with other TELUS companies and their affiliates or dealers, for the purpose of offering additional services or products to meet your communications and entertainment needs.
By using the Services and incurring charges for such use, you authorize TELUS to obtain information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies, credit grantors and other TELUS companies from time to time, and consent to the disclosure of your credit history with TELUS to such entities at any time.
You agree to provide us with your current email address (and to inform us if that email address changes) so we can provide you with tools and services to manage your TELUS account, communicate with you about account-related items on a timely basis, provide news and offers from TELUS and its partners, and seek your views on TELUS’ products and services.
Billing and Payment
6. TELUS may provide you with a monthly bill in electronic format made available to you over the Internet, setting forth the charges incurred for use of the Services. Your monthly bill will be sent in paper form if electronic billing is not made available by TELUS. If TELUS makes your bill available over the Internet, it is your responsibility to create an online account management profile, to subscribe to electronic bill notification, and to check your online account every month for your bills. Regularly recurring charges are billed in advance and charges incurred on a per-use basis are billed in arrears. If your bill is lost or if you do not receive a bill, you are still responsible for making the required payment to TELUS.
7. The Services are provided to you subject to payment of all applicable service rates and any additional charges identified to you at the time you applied for the Services or otherwise in accordance with these Service Terms, together with all applicable taxes and other government charges. Additional charges authorized by these Service Terms may be charged on a one- time, monthly or per-use basis, as TELUS may determine from time to time. If you use the Services through a mobile application, charges may apply for data usage under your mobility service plan.
Provided there is no deception in order to avoid payment, you are not responsible for paying an unbilled or under-billed portion of a charge unless TELUS correctly bills the charge within one year from the date it was incurred. In these circumstances, TELUS will not charge any interest on the amount of the unbilled or under-billed charge owing until the correct charge has been billed to your account. All charges and credits to your account shall be deemed validly incurred unless you dispute the charge or credit within 90 days after receiving the bill that includes the charge or credit.
8. You may change your Services at any time. Charges for additional recurring monthly Services will be reduced in the first month to reflect the number of days remaining until your next invoice. Pay per use Services and one time charges are applied at the current rates at the time of use, which are available at telus.com and may change without notice. If you amend your services and recontract, your previous contract will no longer be valid.
9. All bills are due upon receipt. Bills made available through the Internet are received when they are posted. Charges not paid before the end of the grace period shown on your bill are assessed a late payment charge of 2% per month (26.82% per year), calculated from the billing date for those charges, which you must pay in addition to all other amounts owing to TELUS. Administrative and collection charges may apply, in accordance with TELUS rules and policies, if your account goes into arrears, including as a result of returned or rejected payments or your failure to inform TELUS of any change to your account information for pre-authorized payments. If you subscribe to a pre-authorized payment method, you waive pre-notification of the amounts and dates of debits from your account. TELUS may require you to make interim payments for non-recurring charges you have incurred in the period between two monthly bills, for such Services as are identified to you with the demand for payment. The grace period for the payment of charges so identified expires three days after you receive the demand for payment.
10. The Services offer a variety of service plans and features. Not every feature is available on every service plan. Certain features may require additional information or action from you. If that information is not provided or if that action is not taken, the functionality of the feature may be limited.
11. If your plan includes credit reports, scores, and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), two requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with TransUnion; and (ii) TransUnion and Equifax must be able to locate your credit file that contains sufficient credit history information. IF THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FEATURES FROM THE BUREAUS. You will receive Credit Features once the verification process is successfully completed. Any credit monitoring will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.
12. It is your responsibility to ensure that your equipment and software meet the current minimum system requirements specified by TELUS as being necessary for access to the Services. TELUS shall post such minimum system requirements on the Services Web Site or otherwise notify you of such requirements. You acknowledge that such requirements may change from time to time, without notice, at TELUS' sole discretion.
13. TELUS does not guarantee that the Services will operate with all equipment or software including, without limitation, all Internet applications and appliances. Not all products, services and features are available on all devices or operating systems. System requirement information on Norton.com.
Customer Equipment and Software
14. You acknowledge and agree that, except as otherwise explicitly stated in this Agreement, TELUS is not responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance or support of any equipment or software owned or used by you including, without limitation, any equipment or software used in connection with the Services.
Software Supplied by TELUS
15. You agree that any and all software and documentation that forms part of the Services or that is supplied by TELUS or NortonLifeLock, or their respective agents or representatives for use in connection with the Services (the "Software") is protected by applicable intellectual property laws, remains the sole property of TELUS or NortonLifeLock or their respective suppliers and is supplied subject to the terms of this Agreement including, without limitation, the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability herein, and the terms of any applicable Software license made available to you by TELUS. Unless otherwise authorized by TELUS or in the applicable Software license, you agree not to:
1. copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right or interest in the Software;
2. distribute, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, of the Software;
3. remove any proprietary notices or labels on or in the Software; or
4. allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing activities.
16. The Services Help Desk will provide telephone assistance on a reasonable effort basis, via the telephone number and during the hours specified on the Services website. Assistance is limited to your problems using the Services and may exclude problems related to certain equipment and software, as specified by TELUS, in its discretion. TELUS cannot guarantee the resolution of any particular problem or Services interruption.
17. TELUS will provide assistance for billing, download and installation issues and will transfer to NortonLifeLock for assistance on issues regarding identity theft, restoration and expenses reimbursement.
18. You acknowledge and agree that from time to time TELUS may e-mail updates and notices regarding the Services to you.
Acceptable Use of the Services
- The Services may be used only for lawful purposes. You agree that you will not:
- post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit unauthorized or unsolicited commercial e-mail, junk or bulk e-mail, chain letters or other "spam";
- maintain a relay service open to the general public;
- scan or probe another computer system;
- obstruct or bypass computer identification procedures;
- engage in unauthorized computer or network trespass;
- engage in denial of service attacks;
- post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any data, information or software that constitutes a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- export equipment, software or data outside of Canada or the United States in contravention of applicable export control legislation;
- post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit information or materials where such activity gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate the rights or assist others to violate the rights of TELUS or any third party; such violations include but are not limited to engaging in copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement, patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and defamation;
- post, upload, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise transmit information or materials where such activity constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise engage in or assist others to engage in any criminal offence; such offences include, but are not limited to, public incitement or willful promotion of hatred, pyramid selling, unauthorized use of a computer, mischief in relation to data, fraud, defamatory libel, obscenity, child pornography, harassment, stalking and uttering threats;
- threaten, abuse or harass any TELUS customer representative;
- otherwise violate TELUS' Acceptable Use Policy at telus.com/aup, as it may be updated from time to time;
- use or register TELUS' trade-marks, trade names, trade dress, or logos, including without limitation any such trade-marks, trade names, trade dress, or logos displayed on any web site(s) operated by TELUS, without TELUS' express prior written permission;
- share (except as necessary for use of your Services in a home network), resell, reproduce, copy, distribute or redistribute any portion of, use of or access to, the Services or exploit the same for any commercial purposes, except where expressly authorized by TELUS; or
- allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing activities while using your Services account.
20. If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of the acceptable use rules set out in Section 37 above, which involves your account, you agree to immediately notify TELUS and provide TELUS with assistance, as requested, to stop and/or remedy such violation.
21. Without limiting any of TELUS' rights to suspend, restrict or terminate your Services account as described elsewhere in this Agreement, TELUS may suspend, restrict or terminate your Services account without notice if, in TELUS' sole and absolute discretion, you have violated any of the acceptable use rules set out in Section 36 above. You acknowledge and agree that TELUS shall not be responsible or liable to you or any third party for any suspension, restriction or termination of your account.
22. You acknowledge that content including, but not limited to, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material accessed through the Services or the Internet is protected by applicable copyrights, trade-marks, patents, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You further acknowledge that, except where expressly stated otherwise, all programs, services, processes, designs, technologies, materials and all other things comprising the Services are owned by TELUS, its licensors or its suppliers and are protected by applicable copyrights, trade-marks, patents, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights and laws.
23. You acknowledge that TELUS has no obligation to censor or monitor use of the Services by you, any customer or any third party, including, without limitation, any obligation to censor or monitor any content, material or other information sent, received or accessible through the Services or the Internet. However, you agree that TELUS has the right to, without notice, monitor use of the Services and monitor, review and retain such content, material or information if TELUS believes in good faith that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to customers, ensure adherence to or enforce the terms of this Agreement, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect itself or others.
24. In the event that TELUS receives a complaint relating to use of the Services by a customer, TELUS may, in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, restrict, suspend or terminate the account(s) involved and/or remove any content, information or materials from its servers.
25. You agree that TELUS may, without notice or liability, disclose to third parties any customer information or any content, information or materials associated with a Services account, if TELUS believes in good faith that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to customers, ensure adherence to or enforce the terms of this Agreement, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect itself or others.
26. You agree that, to maintain or improve the Services or for other business reasons, TELUS may change security standards, minimum equipment and software requirements and any other aspect of Services delivery at any time, without notice or liability, at TELUS' sole and absolute discretion.
27. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TELUS will use reasonable efforts to notify you via e-mail to your primary TELUS e-mail address, of any material changes to your Services delivery.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- All use of the Services is at your own risk;
- The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis;
- TELUS does not guarantee error-free or uninterrupted operation of the Services;
- Neither TELUS nor its suppliers are responsible or liable for loss, deletion or alteration of any transmissions or data, for any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or for any transactions entered into through or using the Services;
- TELUS is not responsible or liable for any act or omission of any third party, including, but not limited to, any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal conduct or any infringement of another's rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights;
- Neither TELUS nor its suppliers are responsible for any content that is transmitted through the networks of TELUS or others or that is sent, received or accessed using the Services, by you or any third party;
- TELUS is not responsible or liable for loss or damage to your devices, software or data arising directly or indirectly out of installation or use of the Services;
- TELUS is not an insurer and that claims for loss or damage as a result of your use of the Service should be directed to NortonLifeLock Inc.;
- NortonLifeLock Inc. is the provider of the Services, which means your access to and use of the Services will be governed by NortonLifeLock’s agreement with you; and
- The information you provide may be stored electronically on a server outside of Canada. The information will be protected with appropriate security safeguards, but may be subject to access under the laws of the foreign jurisdiction.
29. TELUS makes no conditions, warranties or representations about the suitability, reliability, usability, security, quality, capacity, performance, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the Services, any other products or services supplied under this Agreement or the networks of third parties. TELUS expressly disclaims all conditions, warranties and representations, express, implied or statutory including, but not limited to, implied conditions or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title and non-infringement, whether arising by usage of trade, course of dealing, course of performance or otherwise.
30. The TELUS website(s) which you may visit while using the Services may contain links to other web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and the inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by TELUS of such web sites or the information contained therein. TELUS is not responsible for the contents of any such web sites and makes no representations, conditions or warranties regarding any other websites. If you decide to access other web sites, you do so at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
31. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither TELUS nor its affiliates, nor their respective directors, officers, employees, or agents (collectively, the "TELUS Entities") shall be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or any other damages or losses whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from your use of the Services, regardless of the cause of action, including negligence, and even if one or more of the TELUS Entities have been advised of, or could reasonably have foreseen, the possibility of such damages or losses. If for any reason a TELUS Entity becomes liable to you or a third party arising out of or in any way connected with the Services, regardless of the form or cause of action or the number of claims asserted, the aggregate liability of the TELUS Entities to you or such third party is limited to the greater of $100 and the fees paid by you to TELUS for the particular Services giving rise to the claim, in the six months immediately preceding the last occurrence of the damages or losses.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, TELUS is not liable for (i) the consequences of natural catastrophes such as earthquakes, flooding, severe wind, ice or fire storms, landslides, lightning strikes or tidal waves, (ii) the actions of third parties which TELUS cannot reasonably foresee or control, such as war, terrorism, civil insurrection, government decree, failure of the public power grid, labour disturbance by TELUS’ own employees or by the employees of another enterprise, or the unlawful acts of suppliers, (iii) any act or omission of NortonLifeLock Inc. in relation to the Services, (iv) defamation or copyright infringement arising from material transmitted or received using the Services, or (v) infringement of patents arising from your use of the Services.
32. You are responsible for all use of the Services, including by third parties, even if you have not authorized them to use the Services. You are responsible for controlling access to your Services account. You will indemnify the TELUS Entities against any claim made by a third party in connection with their use of the Services. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold the TELUS Entities harmless from and against (i) all claims, actions, lawsuits and any other legal action brought by any third party against any of the indemnified parties arising in any way from the services (a “third party action”); and (ii) any and all related losses, damages, settlements and judgments (including payment of attorneys’ fees and costs of any of the indemnified parties) incurred by, assessed or found against, or made by any of the indemnified parties relating to or arising from any such third party action (“third party related losses”), even if such third party action and third party related losses arise from the negligence of any kind or degree of any of the indemnified parties, breach of contract or warranty, strict liability or any other theory of liability. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the third-party indemnification obligation shall not apply to any willful, wanton or intentional misconduct of any of the indemnified parties, or any other wrongdoing where applicable law does not permit indemnification.
Term and Termination
33. Upon the expiry of the term of this Agreement, your Services will continue on a month to month basis until you notify TELUS that you wish to cancel service. The terms and conditions then applicable, including all rates and charges, will apply to your month to month service.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying TELUS of the date you want the cancellation to be effective. If you cancel your service or if TELUS cancels it for any of the reasons listed below, you remain responsible for any applicable cancellation charges and for all amounts chargeable to your account up to the time the service is cancelled.
If you received a gift for your subscription, the cancellation fee shown on the first page of your Service Agreement includes the retail value of the promotional gift received. Taxes apply to cancellation fees are extra. This fee is included in the cancellation fee shown on the first page of your Service Agreement.
Recurring charges such as your monthly plan and add-ons will be prorated to reflect only the portion of the month in which your Services were still active.
TELUS may suspend the Services if you contravene any provision of these Service Terms, including your obligation to pay for the Services as charges become due.
While your service is suspended, you remain responsible for all regularly recurring charges. TELUS may terminate the Services (i) immediately and without notice, where TELUS determines that the action is necessary to protect the network from harm or to prevent fraud, (ii) if you do not remedy any other breach of these Service Terms within 15 days of receiving written notice of the breach from TELUS, (iii) if you become a bankrupt or, if you are a business customer, a receiver or receiver-manager is appointed to manage the affairs of your business, or (iv) for any reason, upon 30 days written notice to you.
34. TELUS shall have no responsibility to notify any third party including, without limitation, any third party providers of services, merchandise or information, of any suspension, restriction or termination of your account.
35. Any termination of your account shall not relieve you from any amounts owing or other liability accruing under this Agreement prior to the time that such termination becomes effective.
36. Any claim, other than the collection of amounts owing to TELUS, relating to (i) your Agreement; (ii) use of the Services or any equipment used with the Services; (iii) sales materials or advertising relating to the Services or any equipment used with the Services, or (iv) relationships with third parties arising through use of the Services, must be referred to private and confidential arbitration before a single arbitrator chosen by the parties, subject to any dispute resolution procedure established by Canadian telecommunications service providers generally to address customer complaints. The expense of arbitration will be shared equally. Notice to arbitrate a claim should be sent to TELUS, 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6B 0M3, Attention: General Counsel. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the current rules relating to commercial arbitration in the province in which you reside. Additionally, you waive any right you may have to start or participate in any class action against TELUS and you agree to opt out of any class proceeding against TELUS.
37. The federal laws and regulations of Canada, and applicable provincial laws and regulations, govern this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement without TELUS' prior written consent. If any provision of these Service Terms is prohibited or unenforceable in certain circumstances, the remaining Service Terms shall apply and be construed in those circumstances as if such provision had never been written. The failure of TELUS to require or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Service Terms in a particular instance shall not be construed, in other circumstances, as a waiver of any right conferred upon TELUS.
Our Privacy Commitment to You
At TELUS, we respect our customers’ privacy and take great care to safeguard their personal information. As part of our ongoing commitment to put customers first, we have a long-standing policy of protecting privacy in all of our business operations1. While the TELUS Privacy Code sets out the general principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of our customers’ personal information2, we have also developed this Privacy Commitment to inform you more specifically about our privacy practices. Both our Privacy Code and Privacy Commitment reflect the requirements of Canada’s privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and our own continuing commitment to customer privacy.
We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information about our customers. And we want to be sure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes. The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
Why do we collect personal information?
If you are a TELUS customer, TELUS has some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. For example, when you apply for services, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and credit history so that we can accurately bill and collect for the products and services that you receive from us. We may collect credit card or bank account information if you prefer the convenience of pre-authorized payment for services.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we will ask for your email address, if you wish to pay your bills electronically.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at how our customers use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage of our networks and facilities to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth. Telephone calls to or from TELUS service representatives may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may collect information in response to a court order, or to satisfy a request by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, herein referred to as the CRTC, for information about a customer complaint and how it was resolved.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our customers. Subject to applicable CRTC regulations, we may disclose personal information, on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed, to:
- a person seeking information as an agent of a customer, such as a customer’s legal representative, or as an authorized user under his or her account, if we are satisfied that the person is authorized to receive the information;
- other TELUS business units to help us serve our customers better and to provide them with services from different parts of our company;
- another telecommunications company for the efficient and cost-effective provision of telecommunications services, such as the information required to facilitate the porting of services between carriers;
- a company involved in supplying a customer with telecommunications or directory related services, for example, Yellow or White Page listings;
- a company or individual hired by TELUS to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing;
- a third party to evaluate a customer’s creditworthiness or to collect an account;
- a credit-reporting agency;
- a public authority or agent of a public authority if, in the reasonable judgment of TELUS, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information. If a customer dials 911, for example, we will provide the customer’s name, telephone number, address and other location information to the emergency agency;
- our program partners or to third-party agents responsible for administering special TELUS offers or programs;
- third parties in connection with the sale of parts of our business, the sale or securitization of assets, or the merger or amalgamation of part or all of our business with other entities. Since customer and account information will normally be a part of such transactions, we may use or disclose such information to other parties included in the transaction, as part of due diligence and/or on completion of the transaction; or
- a government institution or other third party in response to a court order or if otherwise required or authorized by law.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, TELUS will:
- protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes (defined below); and
- respond to your requests for access to your personal information.
TELUS will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment, your Customer Service Agreement, or our Service Terms, except with your consent (the “Identified Purposes”). For greater clarity, unless you provide express consent TELUS will not:
- share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers; or
- use your personal information to enable third-party targeted advertisements.
Moreover, TELUS does not collect information about the websites you viewed (except visits to our own websites, which we use to optimize our TELUS web properties), your Internet search history or the content of the applications you use.
Personal information collected by TELUS may be stored and processed in Canada or another country. In either case, the information is protected with appropriate security safeguards, but may be available to government agencies under applicable law.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the Identified Purposes. However, we want you to know that you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or email marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- Our directory publisher (Yellow Pages Group) makes available lists of published names, addresses and phone numbers to selected organizations for a fee. You may choose to be excluded from these lists (non-published names, addresses and phone numbers are automatically excluded).
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
For further information, please contact us at 1-800-567-0000 or email@example.com. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the Identified Purposes.
- In this Privacy Commitment, the words “we” or “TELUS” refer to TELUS Corporation and its subsidiary companies, as they may exist from time to time, including those subsidiaries or divisions that carry on business under the names TELUS, TELUS Communications Inc., TELUS Mobility, TELUS Quebec, Koodo, Black’s and PC Mobile, but not including TELUS Health. The words “we” and “TELUS” do not include independent dealers and distributors of TELUS products and services.
- The TELUS Privacy Code does not limit the collection, use or disclosure by TELUS of information that is publicly available. This includes:
(a) a customer’s name, address, telephone number, and email address, when listed in a directory or available through directory assistance; and (b) other information about the customer that is publicly available and is specified by regulation pursuant to the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act”. The TELUS Privacy Code does not apply to information regarding TELUS corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other TELUS policies and practices and through contractual arrangements. The TELUS Privacy Code and the privacy practices described in this Commitment are subject to the provisions of all applicable legislation and regulations.