Setup Siri voice shortcuts
- Log in to the TELUS SmartHome app
- Click the Menu icon (three lines) at the left hand corner of the app
- Click App Settings
- Click Siri Shortcuts
- Tap + to select the shortcut for which you'd like to create a custom phrase
- Add the custom phrase
Create creative custom phrases of your choosing
A custom response can be created for Siri to reply and confirm an action has been completed.
Example: Say "Hey Siri, it's bedtime" to turn off the lights, turn on the night light, and turn on the sound machine to prepare the kids for story time.
Control the home from anywhere on the go
- Is it dark when you are coming home from the store and your arms are full of groceries? Just say "Siri turn on the lights"
- Driving home and want to run the home scene? Just say "Hey Siri, I'm home from work."
Quick access to live video
- Did someone just ring the doorbell when you are in the middle of preparing dinner? Just say "Hey Siri, show me my front door" to quickly access your doorbell camera's live video feed
- You are in bed upstairs when you hear a loud crash downstairs. Just say "Hey Siri, show me my living room" to quickly access the live video feed from your Indoor Camera
Troubleshooting my Siri shortcuts
If your Siri shortcuts are not functioning properly, perform the following steps:
- Restart the device
- Turn Siri off and then turn back on after waiting for a little while
- Change Siri to a different language, then switch back after a short amount of time
- Re-record the shortcut phrase or edit the shortcut
- Delete the shortcut and recreate it
If your issue persists, contact the manufacturer for additional troubleshooting steps.