Restart an Actiontec V1000H or V2000H modem
How to restart an Actiontec modem and your computer
To restart your Actiontec V1000H/V2000H modem:
- From the back of your Actiontec wireless modem, disconnect the power cord
- Wait 30 seconds
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of your modem
- Check your modem. The following lights should be green:
- Power (solid green)
- LAN Ethernet 1, 2, 3 or 4 (solid or blinking green)
Note: If you're using a Wi-Fi connection, check the Wireless light instead.
- DSL (solid green)
- Internet (solid or blinking green)
IMPORTANT: If any of these lights are off, check all cable connections to your computer, telephone jack, and modem. Your telephone cable should have a maximum length of 12 feet.
- Try restarting your computer/device and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi
- Launch your Web browser and test your Internet connection
Note: Restarting or resetting your modem may only provide a temporary fix to your problem, if you find the issue reoccurs contact us in order for us to find and fix the root cause of your problem.