Restart an Actiontec V1000H or V2000H modem
How to restart an Actiontec modem and your computer
Not your modem?
To restart your Actiontec V1000H/V2000H modem:
- From the back of your Actiontec wireless modem, disconnect the power cord
- Wait 30 seconds
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of your modem
- Check your modem. The following lights should be green:
- Power (solid green)
- LAN Ethernet 1, 2, 3 or 4 (solid or blinking green)
Note: If you're using a Wi-Fi connection, check the Wireless light instead.
- DSL (solid green)
- Internet (solid or blinking green)
IMPORTANT: If any of these lights are off, check all cable connections to your computer, telephone jack, and modem. Your telephone cable should have a maximum length of 12 feet.
- Try restarting your computer/device and reconnecting to the Wi-Fi
- Launch your Web browser and test your Internet connection
Note: Restarting or resetting your modem may only provide a temporary fix to your problem, if you find the issue reoccursin order for us to find and fix the root cause of your problem.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience