Pik TV app for browsers
Features, functions and facts about the Pik TV app for browsers
Features, requirements and restrictions
Watch TV live and access a huge On Demand library of TV shows, movies and documentaries on your browser at
- Pik TV offers up to 148 channels, 136 which are available in-home and out-of-home (the remaining 12 are available in-home only). The number of available channels may differ depending on your location.
Requirements and restrictions:
- A subscription to TELUS Internet, Pik TV and live channels is required to yse the Pik TV app. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available on the go. Online access to some channels requires TELUS internet service
- Your My TELUS username and password are required to log in to this service
- The Pik TV app can only be used in Canada due to licensing rights on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside of your Wi-Fi coverage
How to install the Pik TV app on your internet browser
You can access the Pik TV app through your web browser at. Use your My TELUS username and password to log in. Don’t have My TELUS? .
Below are lists of officially supported and unsupported browsers. You may, however, be able to use the app on browsers and devices not listed here.
- Windows 8+: Chrome v49+
- Windows 10+: Edge
- MAC 10.10+: Safari 11+,
- Chrome v49+
Note: Browsers can be used on mobile devices to manage recordings, discover content or purchase rentals, but playback for live and OnDemand is not supported on mobile browsers. Please download our Android or iOS apps on your devices to watch live and On Demand.
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Closed captioning and described video are available on all programming in which they’ve been enabled by content providers.
Manage Closed Captioning (CC) or Described Video (AD):
During live or On Demand playback, select the arrow icon in the lower right hand corner. This will open a panel at the bottom of the screen and you can select the CC or AD icon to turn it the feature of your choice on. When selected, the chosen icon will turn green and remain on until you choose to turn it off by selecting it again.
- All Pik TV customers have access to the live content included in their subscription, as long as it is available on the go
- Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go
- Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions
- You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time
Using the channel guide
From the home or Live TV tab select the View guide button. The current channel lineup will appear.
- To change the time, use your mouse to scroll horizontally within the time bar at the top or select -/+ 1 hour
- To view more channels, scroll vertically
- To view specific categories, select All categories and then choose a category
There are three channel views available. You can use the Filter by menu (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer. Below are the three options available to you:
- Subscribed (default): Includes all channels in your package, though not all channels may be playable on your device. This view is helpful if you wish to use the app to set recordings
- Playable on this device: Includes only channels that are playable on your device. Some channels require you to be connected to your home TELUS internet network in order to watch
- All channels: Includes all channels available on the Pik TV app, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit to subscribe to additional channels
Navigating through the live guide
To move to a different date on the guide you can scroll horizontally or use the date picker function.
- Select Today
- Select the date you want to view
- The guide will move to 7:00 pm on the date you have selected. To choose another time, scroll horizontally through the guide
Renting and watching On Demand
You are able to access all On Demand programming that is part of your subscription and available on the go.
You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider on select programming.
Browse the On Demand library:
- Select the On Demand tab
- Choose a category. There are many On Demand categories to choose from. To see all of the titles in a category, select All titles
- Once you find an On Demand title you like, select it
- On the Details screen you can read the title's description, see its rating, watch a preview, find related titles, view its cast and crew or save it as a Favourite to find in the Home hub later. You can also select the $ Rent icon or play button to start watching
Save a Favourite to watch later:
- After selecting an On Demand title, select the heart icon to save it as a Favourite
- You can find your saved Favourites in the home hub
Note: Only On Demand programs can be saved as Favourites. Live programs cannot be saved at this time.
Common error messages
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS Internet network at home."||Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home due to content provider restrictions.|
"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."
|If you're streaming on more than 2 devices at a time:|
You will need to stop playback on one of the devices, as too many non-digital box devices are actively streaming via the Optik TV app.
If you're streaming on no more than 2 devices at a time:
Please reach out to our Technical Team at using our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so that they can assist you.
|"Flash player is required to play this content."||Flash is required to playback content on the web browser. To enable playback, click on Get Adobe Flash Player and select allow.|
Below is a list of known issues that we are working on resolving.
|Search results are not returning both live and video on demand||When a search result is displayed, selecting it will open the details page, which includes all available formats for that program. Currently, search results show only one icon for either On Demand or live due to an issue we are working to resolve.|
|LP1008 error when logging in with My TELUS account.||If you are seeing this message, reach out to our Technical Support team at telus.com/support using our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so we can work to address your playback issue|