How many clips can I upload each month?
You can upload a maximum of 3,000 clips a month of manual and scheduled recordings. If you exceed this threshold, you will need to wait until next month for your limit to reset.
Note: If you own a monthly plan with a Slimline or Round Doorbell Camera only, your video clip upload limit is 400 clips per month. If you have either an Indoor or Outdoor Camera, your plan will come with 3,000 clips per month.
If your account reaches its monthly upload limit, the recording rules are paused with the exception of alarm-triggered rules. This means during alarm situations only, your cameras will record your videos and upload them to your account, regardless of whether you have exceeded your monthly limit or not. Recording rules can be resumed manually on the first day of the following month or immediately after your upload limit is increased to include additional video clip online storage.
How do I check my monthly usage?
To check how many uploads are included in your service plan and how many remain, follow these instructions here:
- Log in to the web portal
- On the top right-hand corner of the video pages, click on the upload limit icon
- Review your video usage for the month here. Unused uploads will not carry over to the next month
How many clips can I store on my account?
Your account can store a maximum of 3,000 clips depending on your service package. If you record more than the maximum amount, your oldest clips will be overwritten with the new.
Your storage capacity is different from your monthly upload limit. If you exceeded your monthly upload limits, deleting a clip will not allow you to upload a new clip to your account.
Can I save important clips on my account?
You can save important clips so that they are not overwritten, by going to your TELUS SmartHome account and protecting your video clips.
Protecting my video clips from the mobile app
- Log in to the TELUS SmartHome mobile app
- Open the menu at the top left corner of the app
- Scroll down and select Video
- From the top navigation bar, select Saved
- Select the video clip(s) you want to protect
- At the top, select the lock icon to protect your clip(s)
Protecting my video clips from the web portal
- Log in to the web portal
- Select Video
- Select Saved Video Clips
- Hover over the clip(s) you would like to save and choose “Select”
- Next, click on the blue lock icon to protect the clip(s)
How long are the recorded clips?
You can set the duration of the clips by going to your TELUS SmartHome account. Select Video > Settings > Saved Video Settings.
- You can record up to 15min when triggered by an alarm (configurable)
- You can record 35+ seconds as triggered by motion (configurable)
- You can record 50 to 60 seconds when triggered by the system (i.e. a door open/close, lock code entered, etc.)
- You can enable pre-trigger recording which will record 2 to 4 seconds prior to the motion event