Change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password - ZyXEL VSG-1432 (Quebec only)
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password (ZyXEL VSG-1432)
Your ZyXEL VSG-1432 wireless gateway includes a preconfigured home Wi-Fi network. The name (SSID) and password of your home Wi-Fi network are printed on a label affixed to the side of your wireless gateway.
To configure a customized and secured home Wi-Fi network, and connect to the Internet wirelessly, follow the steps below using a wired Internet connection.
- Open your Web browser.
- Enter the following in the address bar: 192.168.1.254
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard The Home screen is displayed.
- To launch a session, enter the following information:
- Username: admin
- Password: telus (unless you have changed it)
- Click Login. The Welcome screen is displayed.
- At the top of the next screen, click Wireless Setup. The Wireless screen is displayed.
- Complete the following fields:
- Wireless Network Name (SSID): The name displayed when searching for your wireless network.
- Security Mode: For enhanced security, WPA-PSK is recommended.
- Clear the Generate Password Automatically check box.
- Password: Clear the text box, then type your desired password (8 to 63 characters). Note: Your password must consist of letters, numbers or a combination of both.
- Click Apply.