What you'll need
- Indoor camera
- AC power adapter
- Wi-Fi network name and password
- Your TELUS SmartHome username and password
Installing your indoor camera
- Choose a good location for your camera that is close to an electrical outlet and within range of a strong W-Fi signal. It should also offer a clear, unobstructed view that captures as much area as possible
- Connect the AC power adaptor to an electrical outlet and plug in the camera. The light will flash red to show that it is booting up
- When the LED stops blinking red, press and hold down the WPS reset button for at least 6 seconds until the LED turns white. After releasing it, wait a few seconds until it begins flashing white
- While the LED is flashing white, use your phone to connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network. The network name will start with the word ALARM
- Once connected, open an Internet browser and type in http://adcsetup. Follow the instructions on the screen
- Scan the Wi-Fi networks to find the network you want your camera to connect to. Enter your security key (your Wi-Fi password). Hit save and the connection will be complete
Confirming the connection
If the light on the front of the camera is green, it is live and wirelessly connected. This may take a few minutes while the camera’s firmware is updated.
If the red light is still on, you’ll need to reconnect your camera to the wireless network in a location with a stronger Wi-Fi signal
For more assistance, refer to the LED reference guide found in the box.
Accessing your TELUS SmartHome Web Portal
After connecting your indoor camera, log into your TELUS SmartHome Web Portal.
- Select Video > Settings > Add Video Device
- If your camera appears, select Install. If not, enter the camera’s Mac address (the 12-digit alpha-numeric code on the back of the device)
- View what your camera sees by selecting Live Video or Video
- Visit the TELUS YouTube page to learn more about managing your recordings
Your indoor camera installation is complete!