Warning: To prevent risks associated with fibre optics, always handle with care and make sure to never look at the end of the cable. Always point the end of the fibre optics cable towards the ground.
Warning: Additional precautions must be taken when working near an electrical panel. TELUS recommends that a certified electrician be hired if electrical work needs to be done.
To install it, please start with step 3.
To change an existing fiber terminal, please first follow the steps below.
- Locate the fiber terminal, it is often located near the electrical panel
- Disconnect all cables connected to the existing fiber terminal while making sure to always point the end of the fiber connector towards the ground
Optik Network Terminal (ONT) installation steps
- Locate the fiber cable with a green connector. It is often located near the electrical panel
- Remove the protective plastic cap from the tip of the green connector
- Insert the green connector into the fiber connector
- The green tab on the fiber connector should not be in the air. It should be positioned this way as shown in the image below
- Open the door where the fiber connector port is located on the back of the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
- Insert the fiber connector into the modem
See more on how to install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub.