Installing your Motion Sensor
How to install your Motion Sensor
Not your device?
Video on how to install your Motion Sensor
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions:
Installing your sensor using the mobile app
If this is the first time you are installing the TELUS SmartHome Security system, before you install your sensors, make sure to follow the step-by-step guide included in the box first. After you complete these steps and successfully set up the Control Panel, you can then add more devices to your account.
Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more.
To add a sensor to your security system, use your TELUS SmartHome app and follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add Device
- Select Sensor
- Select your device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
Once all of your sensors are added successfully, you will be shown how to complete a walk test to confirm that each sensor is working as expected. If you experience any issues at any time during your installation, please call TELUS at 1-855-255-8828.
Troubleshooting your Motion Sensor
I am unable to add the sensor to my TELUS SmartHome Security system
If you are unable to add your Motion Sensor (i.e. you tried adding the sensor multiple times already or more than 30 minutes has passed since removing the battery tab), try resetting your sensor by removing the cover of the device. Next, press and hold the yellow button that is next to the battery for about 10 seconds until the LED starts flashing red. This will reset the device and you can now re-add your sensor.
Where should I install my Motion Sensor?
Your Motion Sensor should be installed on a clean surface area inside your home. Make sure you wipe the location before installing your sensor. Other best practices include:
- Keeping the sensor away from heat sources, air drafts and direct sunshine
- The sensor should be mounted on a solid stable surface
- The sensor will work at operating temperatures between -10° to 50°C
How do I install a pet shield for my Motion Sensor?
The Motion Sensor has a built-in pet shield that can ignore motions from pets that weigh up to 38 kg (85 lbs). If you have pets, leave the pet shield attached.
How to mount my Motion Sensor
To mount your Motion Sensor, follow the instructions below.
- Mount the bracket on the wall
- Align the detector with the bracket. Slide the detector upward till you hear a click
- Press the tab at the bottom of the device and separate the cover from the base
- Insert the battery. Pay attention to the polarity
- Snap cover back onto base
- Secure the Motion Sensor with the screw at the bottom
- Align the detector with the bracket
- Slide the detector upward until you hear a click
My Motion Sensor is failing the walk test
If you are testing your sensor using the TELUS SmartHome mobile app and the device is consistently failing to pass the walk test, it is possible that you entered an incorrect sensor ID at an earlier stage or that the sensor is malfunctioning.
Please call TELUS Technical Support at 1-855-255-8828 to resolve the issue and complete your installation.