To install your Flood Sensor, make sure you have the following in addition to the included equipment:
- Included battery
- Included mounting adhesives
- 4 mm flat head screwdriver
- 4 mm Phillips head screwdriver
- Power drill and 2 mm drill bit
Installing your sensor using the mobile app
If this is the first time you are installing the TELUS SmartHome Security system, before you install your sensors, make sure to follow the step-by-step guide included in the box first. After you complete these steps and successfully set up the Control Panel, you can then add more devices to your account.
Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more.
To add a sensor to your security system, use your TELUS SmartHome app and follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add Device
- Select Sensor
- Select your device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
Once all of your sensors are added successfully, you will be shown how to complete a walk test to confirm that each sensor is working as expected. If you experience any issues at any time during your installation, please call TELUS at 1-855-255-8828.
Mounting your Flood Sensor
- Choose an appropriate location to place the flood detector. Avoid mounting the transmitter portion of the device behind a metal object such as a washing machine
- Place the probe in the lowest part of the room where water is expected to pool. In the event of a flood, both points on the probe will need to touch water in order to trigger an alarm. The probes should be facing downward. Secure the flood sensor to the wall with the provided screws
- Place the transmitter as high up on the wall as possible to prevent it from coming in contact with water. Secure the transmitter to the wall with the provided two-sided adhesive tape
Troubleshooting your Flood Sensor
My Flood Sensor is failing the walk test
If you are testing your sensor using the TELUS SmartHome mobile app and the device is consistently failing to pass the walk test, it is possible that you entered an incorrect sensor ID at an earlier stage or that the sensor is malfunctioning.
Please call TELUS Technical Support at 1-855-255-8828 to resolve the issue and complete your installation.