Enhanced 911 (e911)
Learn about e911, service locations and tips for VoIP Android apps to use enhanced 911 service.
Enhanced 911 (E911) is a service that allows emergency operators to provide better assistance to people calling 911 from their mobile phones. It provides emergency operators with more specific information about your location and displays your mobile phone number to emergency operators.
When you call 911 from your mobile phone:
- Provide your complete mobile phone number, including the area code, so that information can be passed on to emergency operators
- Give your location and the location of the emergency
- Stay on the line with the operator (911 calls are not billed)
- If disconnected, leave your phone on for call-backs
- If you’re underground or too far from a network antenna, your signal quality may be affected and you may not be able to connect to the network
To avoid making accidental emergency calls, don't program 911 into your phone.