Posted August 13, 2019
In response to the request from 10 municipalities and the local chamber of commerce, Chambre de commerce et d’industrie Nouvelle-Beauce, TELUS has decided to abolish long-distance fees between the locations listed here: www.telusquebec.com/pdf/25080.pdf, 2.01.05 Classification des circonscriptions (exchange classification). This document sets out the amendments as at November 5, 2019.
This change may affect the programming of certain items of your equipment that require programming, including the requirement to dial 1 to make a long-distance call.
We recommend that you check and reprogram all equipment (if applicable) any time after November 5 to avoid disrupting operations.
We appreciate your making this change if you are using your own equipment or programming.
If you have a line or telephone equipment programmed by TELUS with the requirement to dial 1, you can contact TELUS for reprogramming assistance.
The following municipalities will be affected by this change:
- The City of Sainte-Marie
- The Municipality of Frampton
- The Municipality of Saint-Lambert-de-Lauzon
- The Municipality of Sainte-Hénédine
- The Municipality of Saint-Bernard
- The Municipality of Saint-Elzéar
- The Municipality of Scott
- The Municipality of Sainte-Marguerite
- The Municipality of Saints-Anges
- The Municipality of Saint-lsidore
Please note the following:
- Special numbers like 9-1-1 will still be dialled using 3 digits.
- For local calls, you will continue to dial 10 digits (area code + local number).
- For long-distance calls, you will continue to dial 1 before the 10 digits (area code + local number).
Frequently asked questions
Will local calling areas remain the same?
No. The expansion of this local calling area will allow you to call a number of additional exchanges as a local service instead of a long-distance service.
Is it common to add new areas to the local calling area?
No. However, TELUS is committed to responding to its customers’ needs and expectations as much as possible. This is why TELUS has decided to act in response to the request from your municipalities and the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie Nouvelle-Beauce.