The Today View on your iOS device can be configured to include a TELUS SmartHome widget. Using this, you can send commands to your system such as Arm or Disarm, control lights, execute scenes and more.
Usage of the Today View has certain device and account requirements:
- TELUS SmartHome app (iOS) version 3.7 and above
- To use the Today View widgets, you must be seamlessly logged in with the Remember me option checked upon logging in. You will be prompted to enable seamless login in order to set up Today View shortcuts in the app. If you log out, the Today View widgets are cleared
- The Today View feature requires an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch capable of running iOS 11.0 and above
Add the widget to your Today View:
- Swipe right on your device’s home screen
- Flick to scroll to the bottom, then tap Edit
- In More Widgets, tap + for TELUS SmartHome
- Tap Done
- Tap Configure Widget in the TELUS SmartHome Widget on the Today View
- Tap Edit on the Add Items page in the app
- Tap + for any widget items to be added to the TELUS SmartHome widget
Note: To make a widget available for control from the Lock Screen, tap the Settings icon (gear) for the specific item, then tap the Control from Lock Screen toggle switch. This setting is off by default.
- Tap Done
Edit the widget in your Today View:
- Log in to the TELUS SmartHome app
- Tap the Menu option on the top left hand corner of the screen
- Tap App Settings
- Tap Today Widget
- Tap Edit
- Tap + to add or - to remove any widget items
- Tap Done
You can also set up a similar widget for those with Android mobile devices.
Note: Widgets on Android devices can only trigger scenes. Any system that does not support scenes will not be able to leverage the Android widget.
Usage of Android widgets require certain device and account requirements:
- You must have a TELUS SmartHome Security System compatible with scenes
- Android 4.0 or higher: The Android widgets feature requires a phone or tablet running Android OS 4.0 or higher
- TELUS SmartHome app version 3.7 or higher
- You must stay logged into the app (with the "keep me logged in" option checked on the app). If not, you will be asked to log in when attempting to trigger a scene
Add the widget to your Android device:
- Navigate to your Android phone's Widgets menu
Note: How to access the Widgets menu can vary depending on the Android mobile device. Sometimes it may be an option from the Apps menu. Other times it will be accessed by pressing and holding the home screen to get the home screen menu to appear. Contact your manufacturer if you cannot find your Widgets menu.
- Tap to select the TELUS SmartHome option
- Once the TELUS SmartHome widget is selected, drag and drop the widget to the preferred location
- If Linked Systems is set up on your login, there will be a menu that asks you to select which system's scene this widget will trigger. If your login only has access to one system, proceed to the next step
- Tap to select which scene this widget will trigger. These scenes must already exist, so if you would like to add a widget for something that hasn’t been created yet, make sure to create the scene first
- After selecting the scene, it will appear as a widget on the home screen in the place previously selected. The widget can be moved or expanded by pressing and holding the widget until small dots appear to allow for expansion. Drag and drop the dot to expand the widget size
- Tap the widget to trigger a scene
Note: An "X" will appear in the center of the circle, and a timer bar will appear and disappear after three seconds. If X is tapped within the 3 second time window, the scene triggering will be cancelled.
Scenes are edited from the Scenes sections of the website or app, so any adjustments desired to be made to widgets will need either a scene adjustment or a new scene with a corresponding new widget.
"This feature is disabled when your phone is locked"
This error indicates the app is currently configured to not allow widget usage when the device is locked. To resolve, enable the Control from Lock Screen setting in the Widget Settings menu in the TELUS SmartHome app.
"A network connection is not available. Please try again later."
Verify you have an active internet connection via Wi-Fi or cellular data. Test your connection by logging onto other devices and confirm if you can connect successfully to the internet.