The August Smart Lock Pro with Z-Wave Plus is an easy-to-install door lock that provides you with remote access. Now you can lock and unlock your door from anywhere and grant secure access to family and friends all from the TELUS SmartHome Security mobile app.
To set up the lock, simply install the device on the inside of your door over your existing deadbolt. There is no need to change the lock on the outside of your door, making this device perfect for those living in apartment buildings or looking for an easy self-install experience.
Note: The August Smart Lock Pro with Z-Wave Plus is typically sold with the Wi-Fi Bridge. This device is not required for pairing to your TELUS SmartHome Security system.
To add the August Smart Lock Pro to your TELUS SmartHome Security system, follow these simple steps here:
- Install the lock and complete the setup in the August Home mobile app. Ensure Bluetooth is turned 'on' on the same mobile device
- Put your panel into inclusion mode. See instructions here for more details
- Trigger the lock using the August Home mobile app
a. Select the house the lock is associated with
b. Go to settings
c. Select Lock settings
d. In Platforms, select Z-Wave settings
e. Select Add to a Z-Wave Network
f. Select My hub is in inclusion mode
g. Once complete, a message that the lock has been successfully connected to your TELUS SmartHome Security system will appear:
- During this time, the following security alert may also appear. Select Ok to continue (Note: The TELUS SmartHome Security system today operates using either the S0 or S2 security protocol. These security protocols are used to encrypt data sent between devices on the network. The only difference between these protocols is in the pairing process. Both use AES-128 bit encryption which is the same level used by our major banks today.)
h. Select Done
- To use your new August Smart Lock Pro with your TELUS SmartHome Security system, refresh your mobile app by restarting the app. This may take up to 15 minutes to refresh
For additional device support, contact your device manufacturer or local retailer.