Troubleshoot your video devices
Troubleshoot problems related to your Secure Business video
What you need to set up your Wi-Fi Outdoor Doorbell Camera
- A wired mechanical and digital doorbell chime. As of now, the Secure Business Wi-Fi Outdoor Doorbell Camera does not work with wireless doorbell chimes
- Low-voltage doorbell wiring and a built-in lithium battery, which has an expected battery life of 3 to 5 years
Note: In order to make the existing doorbell chime ring, the Wi-Fi Outdoor Doorbell Camera must short the doorbell circuit. During this time, the Wi-Fi Outdoor Doorbell Camera operates on battery power.
Knowing what the device's different states mean
Check whether the LED is flashing (non-steady) or steady. Only three normal states exist among steady patterns:
- Solid yellow: Device is turning on
- Solid white: Device is "in-call"
- Solid green (or user-defined): Device is ready
Among the non-steady states, you'll find the following:
- Alternating red-blue LED pattern: The battery is charging. It will stop automatically when the device is ready for installation (about 30 minutes)
- Red rapid double-flash: The doorbell transformer needs replacing. With use and over time, the protection circuitry in a doorbell transformer will degrade, causing its power output to drop below the power required by the Wi-Fi Outdoor Doorbell Camera
Note: If installation is attempted and the doorbell transformer's power output does not meet the required power, the doorbell camera’s LED will flash with a red rapid double-flash pattern. If this pattern persists, the doorbell transformer must be replaced to provide sufficient power for doorbell camera operation.
Can't see videos from your HD Indoor Camera or Wi-Fi Outdoor Doorbell camera
Disconnect your device(s) from their power source, then reconnecting them. Often, this will correct any problems viewing videos.
Videos are slow or lag
Verify your Internet speed. The cameras needs 2.5 Mbps of upload speed.
Your monthly clips explained
Important: During Alarm situations, the system will always record your videos and upload them to your account, regardless of whether you have hit your monthly limit or not. These recordings may overwrite your existing clips if you already have over 3,000 clips recorded on your account.
How many clips can I record?
Your account can hold a maximum of 3,000 clips depending on your service package. If you record more than 3,000 clips, your oldest clips will be over-written by the new. You can save certain clips, so that they are not overwritten, by going to yourand protecting the clip.
How many clips can I upload?
You can upload a maximum of 3,000 clips a month, depending on your service package, for manual and scheduled recordings.
On the top right-hand corner of the video pages, you will see an upload limit icon. Clicking on this icon will show a pop-up indicating how many uploads are included in your service plan and how many remain.
Note: Unused uploads will not carry over from month to month. On the first day of each month, your upload limit will reset.
How long are the recorded clips?
You can set the duration of the clips by going to your. Select Video > Settings.
- You can record up to 15min when triggered by an alarm (configurable)
- You can record 35+ seconds as triggered by motion (configurable)
- You can record 50 to 60 seconds when triggered by the system (i.e. a door open/close, lock code entered, etc.)
- You can enable pre-trigger recording which will record 2 to 4 seconds prior to the motion event