Less secure applications
Instructions on allowing access to less secure applications
Less secure apps are often referred to as LSAs. These are non-Google apps that can access your Google account with only a username and password.
Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account vulnerable. These few simple steps will need to be completed to support any of your preferred webmail application.
- Open your email account in a browser
- Open the nine dot icon menu and select Account
- Select Security on the left
- Scroll down to the option "Access to less secure applications" and click on Enable access
- Change the option "Allow less secure applications" to On
You have now enabled access to less secure applications for your account. If you no longer need this option later, please follow the steps above to change this option to Off.