Data Manager step-by-step guide
Understand the Data Manager feature
This article takes you through the Data Manager feature of the My TELUS app. Don't have the app?.
- Account cycle reminder: The customer will receive a monthly reminder when data refreshes on their Data Manager account
- Usage meter: Empties as the new cycle begins
- Overage protection: Toggles for overage protection and data access are available for each subscriber on the account
- Setting limits: We now have the ability to set a data limit for each subscriber on the account. Select Set a limit to add limits per subscriber
- Once the customer has selected to set a limit, they can choose how big the limit should be for each subscriber by using the slider
- Data limits do not act as an allocation, or chunk of data set aside for each subscriber, they are a usage point that the subscriber cannot go past
- Data limits are not available for users on a Peace of Mind Connect plan
Best practice: We recommend setting limits for each subscriber that in total equals the size of your data bucket. See the example below.
8 GB Shared bucket w/3 subs
4 GB Limit for Jackson
2 GB Limit for Alex
2 GB Limit for Sasha
- Limit confirmation
Usage and overuse
- Overage Protection reminder
Best practice: Set an overage protection with each limit to avoid overage charges.
Usage notifications: Customers will get in-app notifications on usage in additions to the ones sent by SMS to their device
Data bucket visual: Customers can see a meter with all available data in their bucket, days remaining in their usage cycle and usage by subscriber
- Reached data limit: When customers reach their data limit and have overage protection activated for each subscriber they will be blocked from using data until the cycle refreshes or until they purchase a data top up
- Reached data limit without overage protection: Customers will be shown the usage and amount they have been charged as a result of going over.
- If this is the case, we recommend adding a top-up to avoid further data overage charges
- Enable Data Overage protection for each subscriber to avoid costly overages
Peace of Mind plans
Since Peace of Mind plans are non-shareable, unlimited data, the data manager features above are not compatible with these plans.