Application Entry Period
The #StandWithOwners application period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 07, 2022 and ends at 11:59 EDT on September 18, 2022 (the “Application Period”). Winners will be selected throughout the contest period – see “Winner selection criteria” section for dates and number of winners.
The application is open to all small business owners who are residents of Canada and have reached the age of majority according to the laws of the Province where they reside.
For-profit (including individual franchisee owners), not-for-profit and social enterprises are eligible to apply, however government organizations, municipalities and the chamber of commerce network are not considered eligible.
The application excludes employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries (collectively “TELUS”), its advertising and promotional agencies and members of their respective immediate households and any person domiciled with any of the above.
Applicants must be either:
- the owner of a company or business domiciled in Canada with 1-100 employees (an “eligible small business”); or
- an employee of an eligible small business who has obtained written permission to participate in this application from the owner, president or chief executive of the Eligible Small Business (the “Eligible Entrant”).
Upon request by TELUS, each entrant must provide proof of their identity and qualification as an eligible entrant. Application may be disqualified where such proof is not provided upon request.
How to Apply
No purchase necessary. Entrants must apply in the following way:
- Visit our #StandWithOwners website at: telus.com/standwithowners during the contest period, and complete the initial online form.
- A follow-up email will be sent to the entrant’s provided email address that includes additional application questions that will serve as the full entry.
No other form of participation is accepted. Only one entry per “Eligible Small Business” will be accepted for the duration of the contest. All Applications received within the entire Application Period will be eligible for a chance to receive a maximum of one (1) Business Hero or Random draw prize.
There will be thirty (30) winners selected in total throughout the contest period. Thirty (30) business hero winners of which one (1) winner will be awarded the Technology Makeover prize. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Thirty (30) business hero winners will be selected by a panel of judges (criteria list below). Winners will receive the following prize pack valued at $25,000:
- $10,000 in funding;
- A personalized local advertising campaign (approx. value = $10,000);
- Wireless service on a 2-year term with TELUS’ Owners Advantage Plan¹ (approximate value = $2,880);
- A Samsung technology package, which includes:
- Samsung Galaxy S22 (approx. value = $1,099.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite (approx. value = $229.99),
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic Bluetooth (approx. value = $499.99),
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro (approx. value = $264.99)
- A Fully Managed by TELUS Business Digital Risk Assessment (approx. value = $2,500);
- Sage accounting package valued at up to $1,700 which includes: a. 1-year Sage Accounting software b. 1-year Sage Payroll software for up to 5 employees c. 4 hours of consulting time with a Sage certified business and software consultant to get you up and running)
- A $1000 Moneris credit²
One of the thirty business hero winners will also be selected to win additional technology for their business, with technology from Samsung, Cisco, Fully Managed and TELUS (which includes):
- 3-year TELUS Business Connect³ Enhanced (approx value = $1,440)
- 3-year TELUS Secure Business⁴ Control (approx value = $2,520)
- 1-year Fully Managed by TELUS Business Elite Managed IT Services for up to 30 employees (approx. value up to = $54,000)
- Samsung Galaxy Book: Silver15.6"Intel® Core™ i3-1115G48GBIntel® UHD Graphics (approx. value = $859.99)
- Samsung 32” M5 Smart Monitor FHD (approx. value = $249.99)
- A Cisco customized small business package (approx. value = $2,000)
Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment except in TELUS’ sole and absolute discretion. TELUS reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part. Winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
(1)Owner’s Advantage Plan $120/month for 50GB of high speed data and unlimited talk/text (ARV $1,440 + applicable tax). Winner will be provided a recurring bill credit of up to $120 a month plus applicable provincial tax for twenty-four (24) months. Winner is responsible for all additional charges beyond the value of the plan such as overages, add-ons or roaming charges. If the winner terminates their services before the end of the two (2) year period any credits for the remaining months will be cancelled. Offer is not stackable with other code-based offers. Offer has no cash value and is not transferable. One offer redemption per customer per transaction. TELUS is not responsible for costs related to the termination of an existing TELUS plan, or mobility services with a competitive carrier. Offer does not include a mobility device.
(2)Moneris credit: To utilize this portion of the prize (“Credit”), the selected winner must be party to or enter into a merchant agreement for payment processing with Moneris Solutions Corporation ("Moneris"). Moneris is under no obligation to approve a merchant for any services and reserves the right to determine a qualified merchant in accordance with its credit adjudication and other policies and procedures. Following satisfactory internal Moneris approval, new Moneris merchants will be required to agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Merchant Agreement in order for the Credit to be applied to the first 12 months of payment processing.
(3)TELUS Business Connect Enhanced. Winner will be provided a recurring bill credit of up to $40 a month plus applicable provincial tax for 36 months. Winner is responsible for all additional charges beyond the value of the plan. If the winner terminates their services before the end of the three (3) year period any credits for the remaining months will be cancelled. Offer is not stackable with other code-based offers. Offer has no cash value and is not transferable. One offer redemption per customer per transaction. TELUS is not responsible for costs related to the termination of an existing TELUS service, or services with a competitive carrier.
(4)TELUS Secure Business (Control). Winner will be provided a recurring bill credit of up to $70 a month plus applicable provincial tax for 36 months. Winner is responsible for all additional charges beyond the value of the plan. If the winner terminates their services before the end of the three (3) year period any credits for the remaining months will be cancelled. Offer is not stackable with other code-based offers. Offer has no cash value and is not transferable. One offer redemption per customer per transaction. TELUS is not responsible for costs related to the termination of an existing TELUS service, or services with a competitive carrier.
Winner selection criteria
Applications will be reviewed by a panel composed of representatives of TELUS (the “Judges”). Winners will be selected based on the following judging criteria:
- Tell us your business story (30%)
- How does your business make an impact in your local community? (30%)
- What are the ways in which technology has played a role in transforming your business? (30%)
- Video submission (bonus) (10%)
Business hero winners will be selected at approximately 12:00EST on or about the following dates:
- June 20, 2022: five (5) winners
- July 18, 2022: five (5) winners
- August 15, 2022: five (5) winners
- September 23, 2022: fifteen (15) winners
Technology Makeover winner will be selected at approximately 12:00EST on or about July 25, 2022.
TELUS will attempt to contact each winner by email and/or telephone. To be confirmed a winner, the selected winner must:
- respond to the telephone and/or email notification within two (2) business days of being contacted; and
- review, sign and return, within the time frame specified, any and all agreements as required by TELUS, including waivers, release agreement, release of liability and indemnity agreements and intellectual property licenses.
Winners determined by TELUS to be ineligible, for reasons including but not limited to failure to comply with the Contest Rules, failure to be contacted or respond to contact attempts will be disqualified.
If a selected winner is deemed ineligible, TELUS reserves the right to award the Prize to the entrant whose Application was awarded with the next highest score in accordance with the judging criteria in their sole discretion. TELUS may, at their sole discretion, profile the confirmed winners and their Applications in print, digital, electronic, mobile and social media formats of TELUS. All confirmed Finalists hereby consent to the profiling and publication of their Applications in accordance with these guidelines, and will use reasonable efforts to cooperate in the preparation of such profiles and publicity by TELUS.
All application entries (the “Entry(ies)”) become the property of TELUS. TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from this application. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this application should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS and its advertising and promotional agencies, corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest or for any other reason. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means or by spamming will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the application guidelines and the decisions of the judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. You hereby warrant that your Entry is wholly original and that you are the copyright owner of the Entry.
You warrant that your Entry does not infringe or violate any intellectual property rights including copyrights and trade--marks, proprietary rights, privacy or publicity rights, or any other rights of any kind whatsoever including any federal, provincial or municipal laws. The Entry has not been created using any pirated or unlicensed content, or other materials that include copyrighted or trade-‐marked material that Contest Sponsors would not be entitled to use without a further payment to the intellectual property owner.
Privacy and Communications