Listening and engaging
TELUS believes that part of being sustainable means listening to the people and groups we impact, or who impact us, through our operations and considering their expectations. Fostering these relationships is critical to the ongoing success of our business.
We are committed to integrating stakeholder engagement and related outcomes within our governance, strategic planning and decision-making processes, as well as our operations. And we rely on our stakeholders to provide input that helps inform our sustainability strategy, validate material issues and identify emerging issues and concerns.
In 2017, we completed our latest materiality assessment by taking a structured approach that included:
- Leveraging recent formal materiality assessments
- Listening to feedback from both formal and informal stakeholder engagements
- Ongoing benchmarking, research and media scans
- Assessing direct input received via our communication platforms, including this report
- Regular internal reviews and discussions
Following this, we grouped our material issues into three categories relating to stakeholder expectations and aligning with our business focus: