Local TELUS employees have formed volunteer Green Teams across the country. Our Green Team volunteers are the driving force behind Earth Day, Environment Week, Bike to Work Week and other sustainability efforts. They play a huge role in promoting environmental sustainability in the workplace and inspiring colleagues to embrace a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
To better support our Green Team members and advance our sustainability culture internally, TELUS formed a National Sustainability Council (NSC) in 2015. Our NSC is made up of a diverse group of 22 employees who dedicate five to 10 per cent of paid working time to help integrate sustainability considerations across TELUS.
The council members’ personal objectives are tied to performance. Sustainability considerations include:
- Education and awareness
- Resource stewardship
- Energy and utilities
- Green Team growth and support
The NSC is committed to:
- Cultivating a culture of sustainability by being leaders and innovators
- Connecting and empowering team members, customers and partners
- Collaborating to align business objectives with sustainability goals
- Celebrating and recognizing successes while continuously learning and improving