TELUS Prepaid gives you access to mobility services on a prepaid basis.
How it works
- Select your rate plan and top-up your balance which is used to prepay for your usage, rate plan and add-ons
- You can top-up your account manually or log in to your account and use a credit card to have your account automatically top-up
- Add a rate plan or add-on, top-up your account, turn on auto top-up or auto-renew and monitor your usage with:
- My TELUS
- My TELUS app
- Our Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service. Call #123 from your TELUS Prepaid device or 1-877-277-7745 from another phone
- Note: A $2 per transaction service fee applies to customers who top-up, or purchase a 30-day rate plan or add-on by using *611 or 1-866-558-2273
- Download the free My TELUS app on your TELUS Smartphone. You are not charged data fees for using it
Keep in mind
- Your Prepaid account must be topped up prior to your balance expiry for any remaining balance to be carried forward
- If your Available Balance reaches or exceeds $150, certain conditions apply; see Service Terms for full details
- Most rate plans and add-ons provide SMS notifications to help you manage your usage and avoid unexpected charges
- TELUS Prepaid services are not available while travelling outside Canada
- Voice Mail 3, Caller ID, Conference Calling, and Call Waiting are automatically included with TELUS Prepaid airtime rates
- Tethering your data device is only possible with a data plan or add-on
- Tethering counts towards your data allotment and when that allotment is depleted, tethering is not supported
- If you use data without a data plan or add-on or after your allotment has been depleted, a portion of your balance (equivalent to the cost of 1.3MB) is reserved when every new data session starts to ensure pay-per-use charges are covered
- The amount reserved is deducted from your available balance and cannot be used for other services while it is reserved. Any unused portion of the reserved amount is released back to your balance when the data session is ended (close apps or exit browser) and is then available to use for other services
- For customers using BlackBerry devices with BlackBerry OS 7.1 or older:
- Data included in any 30-day rate plan and add-on is not available
- Pay-per-use data services are not available
- Swapping from an HSPA to a CDMA device may result in the loss of some network specific plans or add-ons. They will be removed from your account when the swap is processed so no further charges are incurred
- Data is billed per page viewed on CDMA phones
TELUS Prepaid is compatible with the following devices:
- 5G network: All TELUS phones and Smartphones compatible with the TELUS 5G network. TELUS Prepaid customers will not see any speed improvements at this time
- 4G network: All TELUS phones and Smartphones including BlackBerry devices. Non-TELUS devices must be unlocked and compatible with the TELUS 4G network
- 3G network: All TELUS phones other than TELUS smartphones and BlackBerry devices
Rates for local and long distance airtime, text messages and data vary depending on the rate plan or add-ons you have in place when the service is used. Learn more about TELUS Prepaid rates.
There is no charge to manage your account online or on your device either by dialing #123 or using the My Account app. A $2 fee applies for top-ups, rate plan and add-on updates via Client Care or in-store.
Travelling outside Canada?
If you need to use your phone while travelling outside Canada, switch to a monthly rate plan with a TELUS Postpaid account.
Other prepaid topics
For other prepaid topics, visit our prepaid section.