How to return a Bring-It-Back™ device
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to return a Bring-It-Back™ device
Step 1: Check the device condition
In order for a device to be considered eligible for return it must meet the following 6 criteria. If it does not meet the criteria you will need to pay the Bring-It-Back™ Program Amount.
- Device must power on and navigate properly to the home screen
- The activation lock must be turned off
- The LCD must function correctly and be free of dead spots or bruising
- The screen must be undamaged and free of cracks
- The rest of the device must be undamaged with no cracks, missing parts or signs of water damage (hinges, keypad, housing, buttons, battery, etc.)
- All information must be wiped
Take advantage of the TELUS Device Checkup app to check your device condition.
Have a damaged device? Check your warranty coverage and repair options.
If your device is not currently covered by a warranty and you would like to repair it before returning it to a TELUS store, check out our preferred repair partner Mobile Klinik and find a location near you with their store locator.
Step 2: Back up the device
All information will be wiped from the device after it’s returned. So make sure you backup the device.
Don’t know how to back up your device? Here are some helpful resources:
Step 3: Return the device
All Bring-It-Back™ devices must be returned in-person at a TELUS store or participating retail partner for in-store device inspection.
What you need to bring with you:
- Your Bring-It-Back™ device
- A piece of government-issued ID
- A method of payment
Use our store locator to find the nearest participating TELUS store or return at one of our participating retail partners - Best Buy, WOW!, Jump, Glentel, Samsung and iPhix. When searching for your nearest store, don’t forget to apply the Bring-It-Back™ filter.
If you are unable to visit a participating TELUS store due to COVID-19 store closures, please call 1-866-558-2273 or *611 on your TELUS mobile phone.
If you would like to pre-order a new device before you return your current one, call 1-866-558-2273 or *611 on your TELUS mobile phone to complete the transaction.