Replace your phone or change a SIM card
How to replace your mobile device or change a SIM card
Replace your mobile device
No matter where you are in your contract term, you can replace your lost or stolen phone using one of the following methods:
- Purchase a new or refurbished phone
- Take advantage of our anytime device upgrades. Some conditions apply
In case of a lost or stolen phone, find more information on how to disable your phone.
Purchase a new SIM card
Swap devices or change SIMs cards
Keeping your current SIM card
If you already have your new phone and it uses the same SIM card size as your old one, you can simply transfer your existing SIM into it.
Using a new SIM
If you’re switching to a new phone that requires a different new SIM card or if for any reason you wish to replace your current SIM card with a new one, you can change a SIM card online in My TELUS.
You must be an Owner or Manager on the account, and you’ll need the following:
- A new TELUS SIM card and the 19-digit SIM number which appears on the card
- An active phone (to receive a verification code on)
To change your SIM card online:
- Log in to My TELUS. If you don't have an account, register for one now
- Go to Mobility Plans & Devices (or Plans / Travels in the My TELUS App)
- Select the Device tab
- Select Change your SIM card
- Follow the steps
Note: If your phone is lost or stolen, you will not be able to perform a SIM swap online. If this is the case, please contact customer care or disable the mobile device.
Lost or stolen phone
Did this article solve your problem?
Still have questions? Ask the TELUS community
Connect with the TELUS community and get answers from other customers on our forum, the TELUS Neighbourhood.