Migrating your SmartHome Security credentials to My TELUS
You’ll need a My TELUS account to manage service locations over which you have Owner or Master Control.
What is migration?
Migrating your credentials means linking your SmartHome Security account to a new or existing My TELUS account.
“Credentials” are the username and password you use to log in.
The benefits of migrating to My TELUS
- Use one simple login to manage your SmartHome Security and any other accounts you have in My TELUS
- Take advantage of any security enhancements or improvements we make
Find out if you can migrate
In order to migrate your credentials to My TELUS, you’ll need to have your current SmartHome Security credentials on hand.
Note: Only the primary user/owner of the SmartHome Security account can complete the migration.
How to migrate your credentials
- Go to the email migration page to start the process
- Enter your existing SmartHome Security username and password and hit Submit
- On the next screen, follow the steps to log into your existing My TELUS account or create a new account if needed
- You’ll receive a confirmation email once the migration is complete
- Now you can log in to your TELUS Smarthome app. If you don’t have the app yet, you can download it on the App Store or Google Play
Migration pending status
If you see a pending screen after migrating, your credential migration is being processed.
Once processing is complete, you’ll receive an email confirmation indicating that you can now manage your SmartHome Security through My TELUS.
Until you receive that confirmation, continue to manage your SmartHome Security through the Alarm.com portal with your old credentials.
Forgot SmartHome Security username or password
If you’ve forgotten your SmartHome Security username, retrieve your username here.
If you’ve forgotten your SmartHome Security password, reset your password here.
Once you have your credentials, return to the migration page and enter them. See the email migration page if you’ve already navigated away from it.
Forgot My TELUS email/username or password
If you’ve forgotten your My TELUS email/username, select Forgot Email/Username on the My TELUS login page and complete the steps.
Select Forgot Password on the My TELUS login page and follow the steps to reset your password and create a new one.
Once you have your credentials, return to the migration page and enter them when prompted. See the email migration page if you’ve already navigated away from it.