Lost or stolen mobile device
What to do if your mobile phone is stolen or lost
How to locate your missing device
Steps to suspending service to your missing device
- Log in to your My TELUS account
- Select Plans & devices from the menu
- Select Suspend service to a lost or stolen device
We’ll suspend your service to prevent further unauthorized use and any extra charges for you resulting from it.
What suspending service to a device means for you
Before you suspend service to a device, here’s what you should know.
- You’ll still need to pay your regular monthly bill until your contract ends
- You won’t be able to make calls, but you can receive calls straight to voicemail
- You won’t be able to send or receive text messages, or use data and roaming
- Services like Find My Device will only work when your device is on Wi-Fi
Note: Suspending service to your device does not blacklist it. If you would like to blacklist your device, please chat with us.
How to swap your SIM card
Restoring service to your device after finding it
If you find your missing device later on, you may want to restore its service. Restoring service to your suspended device means that you can make and receive calls, send messages and use data and roaming.
To restore service to a suspended device, log in to your My TELUS account and select Restore service on the Plans & Devices tab.
Purchasing a new device
No matter where you are in your contract term, you can replace your lost or stolen phone using one of the following methods:
- Purchase a new or refurbished phone
- Take advantage of our anytime device upgrades. Some conditions apply
Lost or stolen Bring-it-Back™ device
Note: If your lost or stolen device had the Bring-it-Back option, you can pay off the the Bring-it-Back amount at the end of your contract term in 2 ways:
Option 1: You can pay off your device’s Bring-It-Back™ amount when you renew your contract online or in-store.
Option 2: If you do not return your device, the Bring-It-Back™ amount will be automatically loaded to your monthly bill in the billing cycle immediately following the contract term date. Once the Bring-It-Back™ amount is loaded to your bill, simply pay the bill as you would every other month.