TELUS Track & Dispatch
- What Handset Tracking and Dispatch solutions does TELUS offer?
- Where can I use PCS and Mike GPS Handset Tracking and Dispatch?
- How frequently do TELUS Resource Tracker and TELUS Track and Dispatch transmit?
- When subscribing to one of the TELUS Resource Tracker or TELUS Track and Dispatch, what information will my business gain?
- What are some key differentiators to subscribing to TELUS Tracking and Dispatch Solutions?
What Handset Tracking and Dispatch solutions does TELUS offer?
• TELUS Track and Dispatch (PCS and Mike)
TELUS also offers the following handset tracking only solutions:
• TELUS Resource Tracker (PCS and Mike)
The solutions are sold as application/data feature bundles, therefore the per month fee is all that your business is charged (there are no additional fees*).
Where can I use PCS and Mike GPS Handset Tracking and Dispatch?
The PCS Handset tracking and handset tracking with dispatch are available in the PCS coverage areas across Canada and the handsets/Smartphones can be tracked while both indoor and outdoor. The Mike solutions are available in the Mike coverage areas across Canada and require a line of sight with the sky in order to be tracked. See ‘Coverage Maps’ in the Help and Support section for specifics.
How frequently do TELUS Resource Tracker and TELUS Track and Dispatch transmit?
TELUS Resource Tracker and TELUS Track and Dispatch for PCS transmits location data every 15 minutes. In addition, TELUS Resource Tracker’s location data can be manually pulled, at any time.
TELUS Resource Tracker and TELUS Track and Dispatch for Mike transmits location data every 2 mins.
When subscribing to one of the TELUS Resource Tracker or TELUS Track and Dispatch, what information will my business gain?
The software or web application has many features for business including: reporting, rules creation with alerts or prompts, geo-fencing or zone creation around designated areas and much more. A list of some of the features available include:
- Google Maps and Microsoft Virtual Earth mapping engines to view assets’ locations, bread crumb trails, history playback and generally to gain full visibility into your operations.
- Reporting, delivered as frequently as you specify and in whichever format you require (PDF, Excel, Excel (Raw), HTML, RTF, text) including, for each asset:
- Distance Travelled
- Speeding (only available for Mike solutions)
- Stop (only available for Mike solutions)
- Customized geographic zones (geo-fences) creation and editing for the purpose of monitoring asset entry and exits into and out of designated area.
- Ability to create rules within the application with alerts indicating non compliance.
- Capability to send dispatches or task assignments to mobile workers (only available for TELUS Track and Dispatch) and for head-office to receive job updates.
What are some key differentiators to subscribing to TELUS Tracking and Dispatch Solutions?
TELUS Tracking and Dispatch Solutions offer its customers 3 key differentiators to many of the competitive solutions available today.
First, all four solutions including asset, vehicle and resource tracking and resource tracking with dispatch all utilize the same software or web application. This gives a business the ability to view all their assets, mobile workers and vehicles and to dispatch – all from the same interface. In addition, for a business using a single solution if there becomes a need to upgrade solutions or simply shift from one to another, the application remains the same so from the head-office’s computer screen the interface, reporting, etc… is unchanged.
Second, the software or web application is intuitive and easy to navigate and to use. All members of your business will be quickly able to navigate through the maps and reports while pulling relevant data and information.
Third, by offering handset tracking and handset tracking with dispatch across both Mike and PCS networks, in most cases your business will only need to add the TELUS Resource Tracker or TELUS Track and Dispatch solution to your current TELUS handset/Smartphones. In most cases, no new device or plan is required.
* For the TELUS Track and Dispatch solution, data usage included in the price per month is 200 hours logged-on to application/month. Data usage in excess of this amount will result in additional charges under the data rate plan applicable to the device.