iRoom™ Intelligent Rooms
Is it right for my business?
- Conferencing & Collaboration Options
Transform a physical space into an intelligent room that encourages and enables better collaboration, more creative thinking, quicker decision making and increased productivity.
Whether your space is a boardroom or a council chamber, the latest audio visual and communication equipment can be designed into the room to maximize communication efforts.
Specially designed to meet your requirements, every solution is unique. Here are a few of the room types we can help develop:
- Intelligent Meeting Rooms
- Classrooms and Training Rooms
- Lecture Halls
- Council Chambers, Courtrooms
- Canadian leader in implementing integrated solutions for intelligent rooms
- Complete suite of conferencing solutions – audio, web, video, Web Casting and Streaming Media, audio visual equipment
- Network expertise in IP / ISDN / Video for totally integrated solutions and seamless integration
- Nationally certified with leading vendors – Polycom, TANDBERG, Barco, Extron, Creston, Barco, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sony, Polyvision, and more. TELUS can choose the right equipment for your situation and source it at a very competitive price
- Proven successes in all vertical markets
- Consulting available to support design of rooms and to ensure effective communications solutions across Canada
- Products available either fully managed or stand-alone
Contact us today at 1-800-652-3266 to talk about how we can transform your physical space into an intelligent, interactive room.
The integrated intelligent meeting room enables maximum collaboration and communication within a meeting room and beyond. Intelligent, interactive meeting rooms are built to enhance collaboration efforts, increase productivity, be easy to use and impress meeting participants.
Key Features and Benefits
Specifically designed to meet client specific requirements, every solution is unique. An intelligent room will:
- Enable participants to collaborate effectively across the country.
- Decrease travel costs and increase productivity
- Be easy to use through intelligent sound and light systems and built-in automated display screens
- Eliminate set up time for equipment, devices and tools during meetings
- Facilitate discussions through interactive whiteboards
- Share documents whether they are online or on paper
- Impress important clients, partners, suppliers and staff
The best way to experience an intelligent meeting room is to visit one. See a selection of our recent installations.
For more detail, see a list of equipment that can be used to set up your intelligent meeting room.
Contact us today at 1-800--652-3266 to talk about how we can transform your meeting room into an intelligent, interactive meeting room.
Through the use of intelligent, interactive classrooms and training rooms, universities, colleges and companies are able to extend the reach of their courses and training programs beyond the four walls of the classroom.
- A leading Canadian University expanded its executive MBA program across Canada through the use of state-of-the art real-time, interactive videoconferencing classrooms in each of the major cities. The program is now the top ranked executive MBA program in the country.
- By equipping classrooms with interactive video conferencing, another leading Canadian University is currently expanding the availability of health and medical courses to doctors across the province. This makes it easier for doctors practicing in remote locations to stay abreast of latest developments.
The integration of collaboration tools and network solutions, allows the seamless delivery of distant learning courses. Solutions could include:
- A voting system to allow real-time surveys to be completed and to allow participants to raise their hands for questions and comments
- Overhead cameras so that participants and the professor can share their written documents
- Electronic blackboards so that the professor can facilitate discussions, recording participants comments
- Video monitors to show documents and people; digital camera and sound system
- Wireless remote control of the system
- Audio and visual recording system for participants that miss the session
Contact us today at 1-800-652-3266 to talk about how we can create an, interactive training room, for effective training regardless of where your participants are located.
Your audio visual equipment can make or break your presentation in an auditorium or a large room setting. Ensure that you have the best quality equipment and network support to ensure that presentations go smoothly and can be implemented with ease in:
- Media briefing rooms
- University lecture halls
- New product demonstration rooms
Presentations in a large room setting can be challenging and nerve wrecking. To ensure that the experience is the best it can be, the room should:
- Meet the expectations of your audience with large screen projectors so that material is easily read even from the back of the room
- Include a sound system that allows all participants to effectively hear the speaker
- Be easy to operate so that set up time is kept to a minimum and real time glitches are minimized
- Record both the audio and visual so that people who missed the presentation can view it at a later date
Contact us today at 1-800-652-3266 to talk about how we can create an intelligent, interactive lecture hall for highly effective, seamless presentations.
Public sector services are under constant pressure to increase efficiency, decrease costs and improve services to constituents. As a result, many are turning to innovative communications solutions, including effectively designed collaborative facilities.
Municipalities are adopting the latest in audio visual equipment in order to increase the productivity of Council meetings and improve services:
- Electronic voting on issues so that results can be displayed instantly.
- Proceedings are streamed to screens throughout the building so that staff can view the part of the meeting that is required of them without disrupting the entire proceedings.
- Integrated council control systems which enable the audio visual facilities to be easily managed with fewer operational resources.
Provincial Courtrooms are being equipped with improved audio and video recording equipment for remote witness and accused testimony, hearings and depositions. It is a highly cost effective solution for courtrooms.
Equipment Checklist for Intelligent Meeting Room
- To display PC images, video images, videoconferencing locations
- DLP or LCD projector and motorized screen & mounting hardware
- Single plasma & mounting hardware
- LCD displays for distributed camera’s
- Ceiling or wall speakers
- Table-top microphones (one for every two seats) – independent mute & un-mute capability; tied to multiple room camera’s for automatic camera tracking
- Audio switching, mixing, amplification and echo cancellation equipment
- Integrated audioconferencing system
- Multiple camera’s around the room
- Videoconferencing system
- DVD-VCR combo unit
- Satellite or Cable TV
- Elmo Visual Presenter (electronic overhead projector)
- Auxiliary video inputs
- Video matrix equipment (to send video signals to various displays)
PC Presentation Capabilities
- 3-4 PC input locations (with audio)
- Input boxes – table mounted or wall mounted
- VGA/XGA matrix equipment (to send PC signals to various displays)
- Send PC signals to remote sites during videoconferencing sessions
- PolyVision electronic whiteboard (displayed on projection screen as a PC image)
- Rack-mounted videoconferencing system
- ISDN and IP networks
- Built-in video & audio streaming
- Internal multipoint bridging capabilities
- PC presentations
- Remote access though web browser interface over IP
- Integrated audioconferencing system
- Independent use with or without videoconferencing
- Incorporates audio system equipment as outlined above
- User controls incorporated into Control System (outlined below)
- Room control system
- Touch-panel interface – wired or wireless (various sizes available)
- Remote control capabilities over IP (for help desk support)
- One user interface to control all equipment and functionality (replaces all equipment remote controls)
- Customized screen layout to meet your requirements
- Control videoconferencing system
- Control audioconferencing system
TELUS Engineering Services
- Engineering and design services
- Project management and commissioning
- Drawings and documentation
- Installation labour
- Installation materials, cabling, connectors and miscellaneous items
- Custom plates and/or metalwork
- Equipment rack and accessories
- Labour and repair services
For information or to order
Call your TELUS account executive
Request a quote or callback
TELUS buys Fastvibe!
Collaboration Services contact information (See "Contact us" tab)