TELUS Fleet Tracker
- What is TELUS Fleet Tracker?
- How frequently does TELUS Fleet Tracker transmit and can the modem transmit from anywhere?
- When subscribing to TELUS Fleet Tracker, what information will my business gain from the software or web application?
- What are some key differentiators to subscribing to TELUS Tracking and Dispatch Solutions?
What is TELUS Fleet Tracker?
TELUS Fleet Tracker is a GPS location based service that allows a business’ head office to locate and monitor the speed, distance traveled, direction of travel and idle time of its vehicles or entire fleet. To track a vehicle, a modem is installed into the vehicle cabin with sensors for battery voltage and ignition on/off. The modem is tracked from the software or web application.
Additional sensor options are available and allow TELUS Fleet Tracker to provide head-office with additional customer preferred information such as: door opened/closed, power takeoff (PTO) and seat belt on/off, among other options. TELUS Fleet Tracker is a monthly subscription, with no up-front costs.
How frequently does TELUS Fleet Tracker transmit and can the modem transmit from anywhere?
TELUS Fleet Tracker transmits location data to your business every 4 or 6 minutes, depending on whether you subscribed to the 4MB or 2MB plan, respectively. However, during each data transmit location information at 1 minute intervals and at 2 minute intervals are provided for the 4MB and 2MB plans, respectively.
TELUS Fleet Tracker utilizes GPS technology, so the modem is collecting data wherever it is in Canada as long as the vehicle has a line of site with the sky. Data transmits when the vehicle is within the PCS coverage area. See ‘Coverage Maps’ in the Help and Support section for specifics. However, when a vehicle is out of PCS coverage all location information is stored and transmitted as soon as the vehicle re-enters the PCS coverage area.
When subscribing to TELUS Fleet Tracker, what information will my business gain from the software or web application?
The software or web application has many features for business including: reporting, rules creation with alerts or prompts, geo-fencing or zone creation around designated areas and much more. A list of some of the features available include:
- Google Maps and Microsoft Virtual Earth mapping engines to view assets’ locations, bread crumb trails, history playback and generally to gain full visibility into your operations. Customized map overlays for your specific business or industry needs are also available.
- Reporting, delivered as frequently as you specify and in whichever format you require (PDF, Excel, Excel (Raw), HTML, RTF, text) including, for each asset:
- Distance Travelled
- Customized geographic zones (geo-fences) creation and editing for the purpose of monitoring asset entry and exits into and out of designated area.
- Ability to create rules within the application with alerts indicating non compliance.
What are some key differentiators to subscribing to TELUS Tracking and Dispatch Solutions?
TELUS Tracking and Dispatch Solutions offer its customers 3 key differentiators to many of the competitive solutions available today.
First, all four solutions including asset, vehicle and resource tracking and resource tracking with dispatch all utilize the same software or web application. This gives a business the ability to view all their assets, mobile workers and vehicles and to dispatch – all from the same interface. In addition, for a business using a single solution if there becomes a need to upgrade solutions or simply shift from one to another, the application remains the same so from the head-office’s computer screen the interface, reporting, etc… is unchanged.
Second, the software or web application is intuitive and easy to navigate and to use. All members of your business will be quickly able to navigate through the maps and reports while pulling relevant data and information.
Third, by offering handset tracking and handset tracking with dispatch across both Mike and PCS networks, in most cases your business will only need to add the TELUS Resource Tracker or TELUS Track and Dispatch solution to your current TELUS handset/Smartphones. In most cases, no new device or plan is required.