Audio Conference Tips
Audio conferencing is a convenient, cost-effective andgreen way for geographically dispersed teams to collaborate and conduct business. To make your next audio conference as productive and trouble free as possible, take note of the tips below courtesy of TELUS Collaboration Solutions.
How to get assistance or report a trouble
The proper reporting procedure helps ensure prompt resolution.
- Press *0 while on your conference to report the issue to a conference representative. In most cases the agent can solve the problem while the call is in progress.
- Have the following information ready: conference number, participant/moderator PIN code, description of the issue
- If your conference has ended, please call 1-877-944-MEET (6338)
Don’t let noise get you down
Ever attended a teleconference call where one participant had a noisy line that made it difficult to listen? Here are a few things you can do to tackle noise during a call:
- Mute your line by pressing *6. To re-enable your line to speak, press *6 again.
- If you are the meeting host and one of your participants has a noisy line, ask him or her to press *6 to mute their line.
- If you are a host, you can place all participant lines in listen-only mode by pressing *9. Press *9 again to re-enable. This is useful for meetings or presentations where you don’t want any interruptions.
- Press *0 for a conference representative who can locate the noisy line and mute or disconnect it.
Eliminating some known causes of noise
- If using a speakerphone, ensure it is located in a quiet location. If also using a projector, ensure the speakerphone is kept as far away from the projector as possible to limit fan noise imported into the meeting. Mute the speakerphone when not actively speaking.
- Avoid using three-way calling to add other participants on to the bridge – participants should be calling in individually.
- When using an IP phone or a mobile phone, mute your microphone when you are not speaking (*6).
A little etiquette goes a long way
We’ve all been there. You’re on an audio conference call but have other work you need to accomplish. Sometimes it’s necessary to put a conference call on hold to take a call on your cell phone or get to other urgent work. The problem: Hitting the “hold” button on your phone without muting your conference line first results in hold music that’s disruptive to everyone else on the conference call.
To put a teleconference call on hold, first mute your line by pressing *6. You can then place your phone on hold without importing music into the conference call. When you return to the meeting, press *6 again to re-enable your line.
Secure your meeting
If you’re concerned about the security of your meeting, there are a number of ways to secure your audio conference:
- Regularly request new PIN codes by contacting the TELUS Collaboration Services team at 1-877-944-MEET (6338) or by email .
- Lock your meeting. The chairperson can prevent additional participants from joining by pressing *4 to lock the meeting. Press *5 to unlock.
24 x 7 x 365 help at your fingertips
Help is always available. You can reach a TELUS conference representative at any time during your conference call by pressing *0.
Tell me more
- Get more helpful tips by downloading the Teleconference User Guide and Conference on Demand brochure.
- View the audio conference FAQ document that answers some common questions about TELUS audio conferencing.
- Speak to a conference representative for reservations, general enquiries or assistance by calling 1-877-944-MEET (6338), or email .
- For contract rates and additional product information and assistance please contact: CSASRsales@telus.com..
TELUS’ advanced collaboration solutions empower you and your team to work anywhere, any time using audio conferencing, web conferencing, videoconferencing and desktop collaboration. Find out how these solutions can help you and your customers work more collaboratively, efficiently and effectively by visiting www.telus.com/conferencing or speaking to one of our TELUS Collaboration Representatives:
1-877-944-MEET (6338) / Teleconferencing@telus.com
With Audio Conferencing, its just like being there!
For information or to order
Call 1-877-944-MEET (6338)
View a demo
View the Audio Conference Flash Demo.