Webcasting is a powerful, interactive medium that can deliver your message to a large, fragmented audience or a select few.
With TELUS Webcasting, you can author, manage and distribute live or pre-recorded audio and/or video content and broadcast them over the Internet. Whether you are making a major announcement, delivering a quarterly earnings report, conducting a sales presentation or launching a new product, Webcasting is an ideal solution.
Why choose TELUS as your webcast provider?
With nearly 10 years experience, TELUS has developed exceptional expertise in producing live events over the Internet. Our custom-built portable Webcast studios allow for on-location, plug-and-play flexibility and total reliability. Our TELUS infrastructure provides redundancy at each core level – encoder and network. Unlike other providers, we own our network so we have full accountability for your Webcast. With TELUS, each customized Webcast is personally supervised to ensure flawless execution. Our experts provide continual technical support, customized on-site training and tailored consulting services.
Key Features and Benefits
TELUS Webcasting is part of Collaboration Services – products and services that are designed to help you work and collaborate more effectively both within your organization and externally with customers, suppliers and partners.
Key business benefits:
- TELUS Webcasting delivers multimedia messages in an environmentally responsible way by reducing paper waste and car and air travel.
- TELUS network delivers exceptional technical quality and we guarantee live support from seasoned professional help desk technicians for every event.
- TELUS conducts pre-event tests of both primary and backup streams and completely monitors your live events.
- Our Webcasting servers are securely hosted in our Tier-1 Intelligent Data Centres and we limit or restrict who views your Webcasts through pre-registration and password protection.
- By using the public Internet, TELUS allows large, diverse audiences to experience live or on-demand information at a very low cost per user.
- Wide range of formats including audio only, video only, with slides, synchronized slides, video conferencing
- Choice of media player such as Windows Media Player® and RealPlayer®
- Multiple languages, closed captioning, descriptive video and sign language
- Pre-registration pages and/or password protection security log-in
- Reporting tools to monitor audience usage
- Audience engagement tools such as Polling or Question Manager
- Full, on-location staging with multiple camera, video switching, lighting, sound design and implementation, teleprompters, and large-scale multimedia image projection
How Webcasting Works
Webcasting is the exciting but complex world of network multimedia. The professionals on TELUS’ production teams make it easy for you to use webcasting in reaching your communication goals.
Distilled to the basics, this is the anatomy of a Webcast:
Video or audio content is recorded at the source.
Content is compressed, then transferred to "streaming media" software.
Content is coded and integrated with other project elements (like slide presentations, user log-in and more), then "packaged" for the web.
Once ready, the program is distributed via specialized servers onto the Internet - either live, or stored for later access.
A program, like RealPlayer or Windows Media Player, converts the data stream from webcast servers to a viewing or listening experience on the user's computer desktop.
Voila! Here is your webcast!
Flawless Integration of Your Webcast with Your Website
That’s our goal for every project, whether it’s a live event, or encoding and hosting of your archived content for on-demand viewing.
Live Events: Choose the Live Webcast Specialists
Planning a conference or symposium? Corporate announcement or marketing event? TELUS leads the field in live webcasting. We webcast hundreds of live events every year for organizations large and small.
Designing your live webcast starts here. Choose your webcast strategy. Your best choice depends on your event and your goals. We offer:
- Streaming Video with Synchronized Slides
- Webcast with Video Only
- Streaming Audio with Synchronized Slides
- Audio Webcast with Viewer-Controlled Slides
- Streaming Audio Only
Once you’ve chosen your webcast strategy, start to customize your webcast. Click here for a list of custom options.
On Demand Webcasting: Encoding, Hosting & Transfer Services
Today's advanced streaming technology enables organizations to convert libraries of video and audio-taped content for on-demand use on their websites. TELUS can help, with quality encoding, web development and hosting and transfer services.
Learn more about Encoding, Hosting & Transfer Services.
TELUS Webcasting Demos
We proudly present several recent webcasts powered by TELUS. We believe they illustrate our reputation for going the extra mile to customize a production and meeting our clients' evolving needs
Earnings, AGMs and Investor Days
TELUS specializes in providing Investor Relations webcasts for a number of TSX 300 listed companies.
Special Events Webcasts
TELUS can provide a large scale streaming content distribution deliver for "high-profile" public events. Example: Canadian Initiatives in Humanitarianism - Roméo A. Dallaire and the Dalai Lama visit
Product Marketing Webcasts
TELUS provides an integrated offering for marketing professionals to communicate new product information, whether in test, Jpeg format or video. This differentiates their market approach and captures new targeted participants.
Training and Online Seminar Webcasts
TELUS works with medical professionals to communicate important medical information to industry participants. Webcasts can be interactive and utilize live questioning or polling. These features are offered with complete online reporting.
TELUS works with legal professionals to communicate new and ongoing legal information to a targeted audience. Webcasts can be password protected with the ability to track specific participants.
Sports and Entertainment Webcasts
For information or to order
Call your TELUS account executive
Request a quote or callback