Use this speed test to estimate both the download and upload speed of your internet connection.
To get the best results:
- Performing a test over Wi-Fi may result in lower than expected results. Every device has a different maximum Wi-Fi speed and this may limit the test to a certain speed. For more information on this matter, please visit Wi-Fi performance explained.
- Do not download, upload, or browse the web while conducting the test
- Use a wired connection to your modem to conduct the test
- If you have Optik TV, ensure that your set top boxes are turned off as they will consume Internet bandwidth
Note: We are in the process of fine tuning our speed test tool. If you receive results that seem incorrect, visit speedtest.net for a second opinion.
Internet speed refers to how quickly information can be transmitted back and forth from the Internet to your computer. Internet speeds are measured in Mbps (Megabits per second).
- Download speed is how quickly information is transmitted from the Internet to your computer. When it comes to reading, playing games, viewing video and listening to streaming music on the web, this is the key number
- Upload speed is how quickly you can send information from your computer to the Internet
If you are experiencing issues with your Internet speed see the following articles:
For more information and troubleshooting guides see the Wi-Fi and Internet Connection Support topic.