How do I program my remote to control my TV?
Your remote should already be programmed to control your Optik digital box, and by following a few short steps you can easily synchronize it with your TV.
I don't know the remote programming code for my TV. Where can I find this information?
Your TV code can be found in the Optik Cisco Remote Control User Guide in the Code Tables section. A paper copy of this guide is included with your remote or you can view a copy online here.
I tried a code from the code list, but it didn't work. What can I do?
There are often several codes listed for each device brand. Try entering in all options listed for your device until you find the one that works for you. If none of the codes are working properly, you can use the auto-search function to search for a valid code.
For information and steps on how to use this function refer to "Auto-Searching the Code Library for TV or DVD Mode Codes" in the Optik Cisco Remote Control User Guide.
Can I program devices other than my TV?
Yes you can. To do this, simply follow the same steps that you would when programming your TV, but press the DVD or AUX buttons instead of the TV button. Be sure to use the appropriate code for your device. These can also be found in the Optik Cisco Remote Control User Guide.
How many devices can I program into my remote?
Your remote can hold up to 4 devices simultaneously. The remote is already programmed to your digital box, so you can program the remote for your TV plus 2 additional devices.
The remote lights aren't coming on. What should I do?
This can result from batteries that are low or dead. Try changing the batteries in your remote. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at 310-MYTV.
My volume is really low. Is there something wrong with my device?
Oftentimes this issue can be caused because your digital box was not set to max volume when your TV was programmed into your remote. In order to resolve this issue follow these steps:
- Press and hold the STB mode key on the remote
- Without releasing the STB key, press and hold the OK key
- Enter the code 9 5 5 (your STB mode key will blink twice if entered successfully)
- Press and release the STB key. The STB key will blink three times.
- Point the remote at the digital box and press the Vol + button to turn the volume up to 25
- Once you have turned the volume on your digital box up to 25, you can reassign your remote to control the volume of your TV again by repeating steps 1-4, but press the TV mode button on step 4.
The remote isn't working to control the volume. How do I fix this?
- As your batteries get low they can start to affect the functionality of your remote. Try changing the batteries in the remote to solve this problem.
- If changing the batteries doesn't solve the issue, try a factory reset (see below) and then reprogram your remote. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at 310-MYTV.
My remote isn't controlling my STB at all. What should I do?
- Are you able to control your digital box using the front panel of the box? If so, try changing the batteries in the remote and then retesting.
- If this does not help, try a factory reset (see below) of your remote and then retest it.
- If the remote is still unable to control the digital box, or you are unable to control the digital box using the front panel, please contact us at 310-MYTV.
To restore your remote to factory settings, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold your STB mode key on the remote.
- Without releasing the STB key, press and hold the OK key. Hold for a few seconds and then release. All mode keys should blink twice.
- Enter the programming code 9 0 0 by pressing the numeric keys on the remote. If the remote has been successfully reset to factory settings, the STB key should blink four times. At this point you can re-program your remote to a new device.
How can I order another remote control?
You can order another Optik TV remote control by calling 310-MYTV (310-6988). A new remote control will be shipped to you within a few days. Charges may apply.