Download and install TELUS security services
TELUS security services provide a comprehensive suite of security services to ensure your computer is safe from viruses and spyware while protecting your privacy online. Learn more about TELUS security services.
Before you begin
TELUS security services can be installed on up to five computers in your home. To ensure you get the most out of TELUS security services, select one of the following:
First time setup
If you are installing TELUS security services for the first time, you'll need to check the following before you begin:
- Uninstall all existing non-TELUS security software from your computer. Refer to the software manufacturer's documentation for instructions.
- Ensure you're using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher.
- Ensure your Windows® operating system has the following system requirements:
- Windows® 8: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows® 7: 32-bit or 64-bit (Ultimate, Professional, and Home Premium)
- Windows Vista® : (Ultimate, Business, Home Premium, and Home Basic) 32-bit or 64-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows® XP: 32-bit with Service Pack 3 (SP3)
NOTE: To learn more about updating your Windows XP software, visit the Microsoft Web site.
Upgrading your existing TELUS security services software
If you're upgrading your existing TELUS security services software, make sure to shut down your security program before installing the update.
CAUTION: The most recent version of TELUS security services is not compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or lower. To learn more about updating your Windows XP software, visit the Microsoft Web site.
Install and activate TELUS security services on your computer
- Download TELUS security services software. The File Download window appears.
- Click Run. When the download is completed, the InstallShield Wizard window appears.
- Click Next
- Review the License Agreement Check the I accept the terms of the license agreement check box if you agree to the terms.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- To activate TELUS security services, type your TELUS security username and password when prompted. If you don't know this information, do the following:
- Log in to your account. Register if you don't have one.
- From the Products & services section, locate TELUS Security.
NOTE: If TELUS Security is not displayed in this section, you'll need to purchase this service to have it added to your account. Chat with a TELUS agent now to purchase TELUS security services.
- Click View details / modify. Your Username is displayed.
- To change your username or password:
- Click Change username.
- Click Change password.
- Type your new username or password.
- Confirm your new username or password.
- When you're finished, click Change.
TELUS security services are installed and activated on your computer.
To learn how to download and install TELUS security services, watch the following video: