Create a Calling Features Assistant password
Skip this step if you already have a Calling Features Assistant password.
- Dial into the Calling Features Assistant (310-8682) on a touch-tone phone. Your first call must be from the line on which Caller Reveal has been installed. The first time you access this service, you will be prompted to create a password. Enter your password, then press #. Make note of your password.
- Press * to exit.
Note: Once you have created your password, you will be able to dial the Calling Features Assistant from any touch-tone phone in any location. If you are calling from outside Alberta dial 1-403-263-6981 or 1-780-428-6824. From outside B.C. dial 1-604-520-3212. Long distance charges will apply.
To turn Caller Reveal off or on:
- Dial 310-8682 toll free from anywhere in B.C. or Alberta. If you are calling from outside B.C. or Alberta, dial 1-604-520-3212, or 1-403-263-6981 or 1-780-428-6824. Long distance charges will apply.
- Enter your password, then press #.
- At the Main Menu, follow the voice prompt to access Caller Reveal.
- Press 1 to turn Caller Reveal on. Press 2 to turn Caller Reveal off.
- Press * to exit the system when you are finished.
When Caller Reveal is on:
- An unidentified caller calls your phone number.
- The caller hears a message explaining that you do not accept calls from unidentified phone numbers.
- The caller will be prompted to take one of two actions:
- If the caller is "unknown", they are prompted to enter their 10-digit phone number for display.
- If the caller is "private", they are prompted to press "1" to display their phone number or press "3" to key in their phone number for display.
- Caller Reveal then confirms if the number entered matches the actual number from which they are calling. Caller Reveal uses symbols to indicate if the number entered is a real, fictitious
or unknown number:
- If a "private" call is unblocked, an "^" symbol will display before the name to let you know Caller Reveal identified the caller's name and number.
- If a telephone number is entered, a "*" symbol will display before the name to let you know that the name & number provided are based on the caller's entry.
- If you want to accept the call, simply pick up the receiver. If you choose not to accept the call, the phone will continue to ring until the caller hangs up or is transferred to voice mail (if you subscribe to Personal Voice Mail).
If you need more help using Caller Reveal or any additional information call the Calling Features Helpline at 1-800-663-8131 and follow the easy-to-use voice prompts.