To hear the number of the last incoming call:
- Lift your handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Press *69 on your key pad.
- Call Return will tell you the last number to call your line.
- Press 9 to have the number repeated.
- Press 1 to return the call.
- Dial *89 to cancel your *69 request to return the call.
NOTE: If you try to return the call and the line is busy, Call Return will automatically monitor the line for 30 minutes and will notify you with a distinctive ring when it is free.
To monitor a busy line and hear when it's free:
Upon reaching a busy line:
- Hang up, then pick up the handset and dial *66 or, upon reaching the recording, "This number is busy...", press * and an announcement will confirm that the line will be monitored. Hang up.
- When the line is free, two short rings and one long ring will indicate that the call is about to go through. Pick up the handset while it is ringing and your call will be connected.
Note: Dial *86 to cancel your *66 Busy Call Return request.
Using the phone when Busy Call Return is activated
When you are using Busy Call Return, you can still receive and place other calls because a distinctive ring (short, short, long) will let you know when the busy number is available. However, the notification ring can only be heard when you are not on the phone.
Call Waiting calls and Call Return
Call Return (*69) can be used to find out the number of the last Call Waitingcall when your first call is too important to be interrupted.
Fax machines, modems, auto-dialers & Busy Call Return
Some of these devices do not recognize the Busy Call Return recording. You may choose to disable the prompt on a per call basis by pressing *03 before dialing the number.
Note: Call Return will not return calls to a cellular phone number or a number that has been blocked (see *67 Per Call Blocking) or a number marked "Private".
Busy Call Return will not work with numbers beginning with 280, university registration lines, some cellular numbers and very busy commercial lines.
If you need more help using Call Return or any additional information call the Calling Features Helpline at 1-800-663-8131 and follow the easy-to-use voice prompts.